Quantcast

Feedback wanted for new site look.

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
Nice! :thumb: Different approach but little bit on "heavy" site...

It took a while to download those pictures to your index page...

Just my 0.02cents....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
hmmm...

You could replace that picture of the pregnant chick's belly with another shot of that blonde, and Id be happy. Overall, the shots were nice, but its tough as hell to make it work right with a small monitor like mine.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I love the look. I'm all about clean and uncomplicated. Nice job. The only thing I would worry about is load time after you start adding more and more pics. A basic index page with a few catagories may be necessary. Then pages just like this one, but broken down by catagory.

But, I wouldn't do that yet. As it it, it didn't take very long to download everything on broadband.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I like the fact that you can bropwse your work right away, I like the photos, and the fact that they are huge.

I don't like the way your site doesnt match you logo-type at all. Site looks very clean and plain whereas the logo-type is the total opposite.

I dont like the way the logo-type is a different size on almost every photo, also I wish it were more of a watermark (more transluscent).

I also dont like that, at first glance, you only get 2.25 photos... You could shrink the photos so exactly 3 displays at first, that would make the initial presentation nicer.

How can someone contact you from this site to do work or to ask about your rates, location etc?

Personally when I am creating something for/with a photographer I like to use elements that match the photographers style, contrast, leading lines, placement, etc, etc. I could go on and on about things I would do to make the presentation nicer, but I am not designing the site so I wont :) Plus I dont know how you will be using the site to market yourself.

Bottom line, it does the job eh?

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Looks awesome Derek. It loaded instantly on mine too. I really like the mix of pictures because you dont get bored looking at all of them. Really cool riding shot, then cool model shots, with some wakeboarding and cars and stuff thrown in. I really like it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
I also dont like that, at first glance, you only get 2.25 photos... You could shrink the photos so exactly 3 displays at first, that would make the initial presentation nicer.
I actually liked the 2.5 photos. It draws you to the rest of them. If I only saw three photos hanging out there, and couldn't click on any of them, I might be not be as inclined to scroll through the rest.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Originally posted by binary visions
I actually liked the 2.5 photos. It draws you to the rest of them. If I only saw three photos hanging out there, and couldn't click on any of them, I might be not be as inclined to scroll through the rest.
I am with Golgi on this one. I didnt like seeing that third photo showing. But I disagree about making it smaller and show all three I think you should just show the first two.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by binary visions
There are endless ways to let people know that there are more photos if you scroll... most of them are probably better than the lazy presentation offered by the 2.25 photos option...

Like I said, it does the job and thats cool...

But the man makes a living with high quality creativite imagry, the site should represent that... do you think he would shoot a photo in a manner where it was just an acceptable solution... hell no, he is a professional photographer, he will either see the best solution right away or he will exhaust all possibilities until the best solution is discovered.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Well, we "talked" about it a bit before, but now that I look at it again I think it may be a bit limiting.
I think if you work with that design then in the future when you build up more stuff to put on there you will have a tough time displaying it all.