Quantcast

Feeling Blue? My Molly does

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
nice bike.

about that macneil seat / seatpost combo, has the molly got 25.4 seat tube or are those macneil units available in different sizes? i'd really like to grab one in 26.8...

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
The latest version of the Molly uses a 25.4 post, with the latest lighter high quality bmx post we thought the switch made sense for our customers.

You could always get a shim for the Macneil if you need a 26.4

This is the stock blue color and a bit of a hybrid between the original and current model.

Manhattan, I was at Rays last weekend, I saw you at the skatepark entrance but I think you left shortly thereafter.

Gl3N

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
Ohio
Looks good Lee I cant wait to get mine back from the Stripper :) The only kind of stripper worth the money $30 was worth it for me to have it done

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
yeah, paint stippin' is all the craze...you can't leave out the pearl though dawg, it's like adding some more cowbell...

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
the new molly is sweet leethal. what rear hub ya runnin?

hey tiles
everytime you repaint, do you strip old paint then use rattle can or do you just paint over existing color?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
man, i am so tempted to get a molly. after years of bmx (including 24") i got a dk xenia 26" earlier this year. i am still psyched on it, but i want to test out a 24" for more skatepark and street tech.

if ANYONE has one in the Austin area or even a 24" with a similar setup (not a 26 with 24" wheels), i'd like to check it out.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
hey tiles
everytime you repaint, do you strip old paint then use rattle can or do you just paint over existing color?
originally, when I got the frame it was powder coated. I scuff-sanded and painted it flat black before I even assembled it for the first time. That actually turned out to make things sort of a pita because I decided I wanted to run it raw so I not only had to strip off the flat black I shot it with but also the pc. The aircraft stripper you can buy at autozone is the shiz. after about five hours of cussin', I finally got all the flat black AND powdercoat off. after a couple months of rust, I got sick of it and sanded all the rust off, shot it with etching primer and applied a coat of pearl midnight blue automotive to it. I like it the best now. There's an awesome little auto-paint shop right down the road from work that will match any color in the spectrum and put it in aerosol cans. The paint guy that works there says this is popular among the motorcycle crowd because they don't have to buy a quart of base just to shoot a gas tank or whatever...I'm rambling...