Quantcast

Feet in spokes on speedcontrol = Bad.

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
It sucks. I was going at a pretty good pace down speed control today, when I think my right foot slid off the pedal. Somehow it got thrown into my front wheel, which hit the fork, which caused me to go over the bars, and left my foot STUCK in between the wheel/fork stanchtions for about 30 seconds, til I could get my damn shoe off. Ouch. Ended up breaking a spoke with my foot... hahah

Anyway, after I had pretty much gotten the wind knocked out of me, scratching up my brand new helmet, getting cuts and bruises, I am pretty sure I broke my little toe. Now I've had this happen before, and it sucks. All I did then was to tape my little toe to the toe next to it and let it heal... any other ways that are a little better?

I also hurt my lower back, which is exactly where I had broken a bone about 3 years ago... not good. :( I should quit DH riding :dead:

Has anyone else ever gotten their feet in the spokes while moving? And how can I fix my damned toe??

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
One more thing, has anyone used riding specific shoes? I think that maybe some of those would help out some, maybe a little stiffer soled than my newbalances :D. Do they offer more ankle support? My ankle is pretty bad too :(

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
ghettogt76 said:
I'm also such an idiot that after this happened (on my second run) I did about 4 or 5 more runs before I called it a day :rolleyes:

I got a concussion and a bruised set of ribs, and at 2:00 and kept riding till closing time. But i'm cheap and I wanted to get ever damn penny worth of riding

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
i still dont see how you fit your foot in that fork, I do not want to drive up with the beast in the bakc of the truck, that guy is WAY yo good for any of us

cornholio

Chimp
May 6, 2005
damn dude, that sucks. you're lucky you didn't break your foot. my sister did that once. she was riding with flip flops on pavement, foot slipped into the front wheel, crunch! hospital.

as far as the shoes, i just got a pair of 510 impact shoes w/ super sticky rubber from go-ride.com. i got the hi-top version so they give better ankle support. these are the same shoes that intense used to sell. they grip like mad. they run just a tad big/wide, so if your regular shoes are already sized to be a little on the roomy side, as in my case, get a 1/2 size smaller. that's what i did, and they fit just right. other than that, van's rowleys work great too. the waffle pattern sole on van's skate shoes have very good grip, and allow you to adjust your foot position on the pedal without the almost too sticky feeling of the 510s. overall, 1st choice - 510s, good support and super grippy. 2nd choice - vans.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
slalomrider1 said:
Yea dude, his beast is...WOW cant even describe in words how sick it is, and him? SOOOO fast, im surprised we could keep up wiht him.
ya dude he was like right on Gt's wheel the whole day

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
hahahahaah

that sucks like mad yo yo

butTTTTT

little mishap with the hayes so i gotta bleed the rear before i give it out to you