Quantcast

Female Orgasm is "Just for Fun"

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Something tells me this woman has never had a great lover. What a bunch of BS. The first paragraph made alot of sense. The female orgasm encourages women to want more sex... Sound good to me!!! Works in my house.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

caption said:
Dr. Elisabeth Lloyd says the female orgasm has no evolutionary function
Does no one else think this is a funny pic/caption combo? She looks a little peeved, maybe at her own opinion...

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It takes a bitter person to construct the female orgasm as a method of oppressing women...

She seems to think women will be much better off when they're not "forced to perform" to meet "men's/society's expectations." What a bitch...I bet I know which block SHE checked on the "frequency of orgasm" survey.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
the law said:
With a face like that I doubt she even knows what intercourse is.
I can see the headline now:

"STUDIES SHOW DOUBLE-BAGGING 'JUST FOR FUN'"

MD

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
There are somethings that don't need to be analyzed so much. While I am curious as to why orgasms are there, it is not an imperative in my life... so long as the orgasms are there, I am happy.

Through my own analysis and experimentation I can say with reasonable certainty that when the female experiences orgasms it makes her want more orgasms. Which allows me to have more orgasms (well, with someone else at least) which makes me happy! It's also a nice cardio workout. :D

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Wow so much bitterness...my thought - not enough people posting in this thread are getting enough ;)

I read the article this morning on the NYTimes - guess I"m not overly surprised it's lounge material...

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
llkoolkeg said:
That is not a picture of the power tool I think she is in the most need of!
"Mojy, know what you got to do? You know I got these battery powered things here, and you know I got some things plug into the wall, put 110 volts on my tallywhacker. Mojo, I want you to go out to the store, I want you to get me something, something big and ugly, gigantic vibrator, vibrator-zilla it'd be. And unplug the refrigerator Mojo, get vibrator-zilla in there and put 220 on the money, honey!"

(Mojo Nixon)

It's interesting research. I'm not sure why I didn't have the brains to go into that field of study. Political Science? WTF was I thinking? Orgasmology is where it's at!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
llkoolkeg said:
That is not a picture of the power tool I think she is in the most need of!
Someone called for the debuncher, who am I to not heed the call?

Tashi

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
The neat thing about evolution is that they could both be right:

Alcock says it may be a way of evaluating male quality.

Whatsherface sys that it could have arisin from the anatomical similarities between males and females. The possibility of a female orgasm allows for females to choose mates that are healthy and vigourous enough that they can provide orgasms, therby providing for a selective mechanism that will favour maintaining the possibility of female orgasm.

Alcock has a term for it, "sensory exploitation" I think. When a certian structure or behaviour with little or different purpose is utilized in a new way, leading to fixation of that behaviour in the population.

Well, I hope I write better than that on tests. Sheesh.