Quantcast

Fiance's new bike

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've been trying to get fiance' onto a bike, so after borrowing bikes that never quite fit, I decided to get her a bike of her own. I picked up this Fisher ProCaliber frame on Ebay, and swapped out the parts from my HT. It's full XT/XTR, Ritchey wheels, Manitou Black fork, LP carbon bar, Hayes discs.
I've got to finish the build (cut steerer, run cables), but the pics get the point across.

Once my back gets better, we're switching our gym to a new climbing gym about two(2) miles down the road, so we can ride to the gym. It will keep us from needing to drive across town. +1 for less driving and more riding.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
She is not going to marry you, its not even a complete XTR build! :p

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When she go home from work last night...
"Oh, it's my favorite color. *sheepishly* Is is good?"

Reply: "yes, it's nicer than my old bike that the parts are from"

Her: "Oh, ok. I like the paint."

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awesome. No better way to get someone interested in riding than to give them a 24-34-46 set up to get started on.
Are you being sarcastic? I thought all in all with the pie plate in the real, here gearing would be good enough.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Are you being sarcastic? I thought all in all with the pie plate in the real, here gearing would be good enough.
I would think that standard mtb gearing would be a bit much, but I also don't know where she'll ride, so I'm just poking. :D Those used to be my favorite cranks though. I sent them to stosh a while back though.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spare parts bike. Still getting her a nice bike, as I use it for clients a lot.