Quantcast

Fidget Spinners - Why?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
No, not like Bridget Powers or Piper Perri. What are these things and why to they lurk in every banner ad on the web, and why do I get bombarded with spam email about them?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
With they fit my DW link and do they come in carbon?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Because must have

It may not sound like it, but these fidget toys -- the Cube included -- could very well improve your day-to-day by giving you an innocuous outlet for your nervous or bored energy, and our testers unanimously found this to be true.
I saw an interview with the inventor of the torque bar ($100) and he was pissed because you can get one for $1.89 like I did. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sounds perfect:
Counterintuitively, the spinners' potential to get gritty, their high price tag, and how easy it is to notice when they're spinning even slightly below par, can create a kind of anxiety in the type of user that needs things to run perfectly. This is exactly the opposite of what the spinners are designed to do.
The kid across the street showed me his and it was running ABEC 7 bearings and it was a cheap plastic one. I would hope the Torque Bar that is $100 ran at least those. If you can spin that bastard long enough to wear out ABEC 7 bearings, then you need some serious help.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Fidget devices are meant for those with ADD/ADHD. But they became a fad much like pokemon go, planking, dabbing. They will die out except by those that actually need them. They will probably get picked on for using an out of date fad, but they were not deisgned to be a fad.

Last edited: