Quantcast

filming a trail documentary.....

Dan89

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
my ass
hey im filming some trails in Western Washington and giving a little bit of their history for my senior project and was wondering if you guys could help me out with my evidence and tell me trails that you would want to see in a documentary movie. Im not going to give up the names of the the secret ones*cough* cam mccaul *cough*. This is for my project so if you could just shoot me some replies that would be much appreciated!

thanks,
Dan

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Trails like St. Ed's, Tiger, etc. There is a lot of history about how we were riding there, then got kicked out and then got the right to ride there again. If that's the kind of thing you are looking for. Or, you could do a whole report on just the Colonnade skills park and how much went into getting it going before any shovel hit dirt.

IMPULSE

Chimp
Mar 24, 2004
Rumor has it there is some amazing riding in the mill creek area. Mostly one hit wonders, but it is supposedly all very well built, although most of it remains unfinished. The builders are elusive though, if you could document that area I will just bet your film will be GREAT SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Rumor has it there is some amazing riding in the mill creek area. Mostly one hit wonders, but it is supposedly all very well built, although most of it remains unfinished. The builders are elusive though, if you could document that area I will just bet your film will be GREAT SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya, that stuff is supposed to be the sh1t. I wish i knew where it was, it'd be so close to my house

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
yea, but all the stuff those guys DID finish was awesome, cedar bridges, huge doubles, nice huge step ups, some step downs, some nice step up on to bridges, they had some good stuff when they finished. :)

Dan, that would be sick! but best not to mention locations of the illegal trails in your project, just say their private on some guys property, haha.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
i know the one cam mccaul filmed used to be an old winery that burned down like 10 or so years ago- hence the name winery trails

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
yeh, like someone stated earlier in thread, SST was an old neighborhood that was razed for the airport approach zone. I heard some of the vacant homes were still there until the mid-80's. The open field by the sandpit area i think was the old play fields (hence the old soccer goals nearby). Jim H. and Wick (the Wed Nite Race organizer) grew up around there & built a lot of the original SST trails. also, a dead body was dumped there in the late 80s. I heard it was one of many victims of Gary Ridgway, the infamous Green River killer, who actually grew up in the area & lived nearby during those serial murders. Then there is the very old Hilldale Cemetary off 200th, adjacent to the trails. Whatever, it's definitely a great place for nite rides, especially Halloween time...
RIDE ON