Quantcast

Final Decision! not good

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
well the bad news has come, and I wanted to say thank you to a few people....

the bad news is that wintergreen does not want us (since someone told me to explain us I decided to, US = advanced level mountain bikers who seek challenging and thrilling terrain) mountainbiking at their resort this year (thanks alot dickheads!) I think Kevin and Jason @ OOB know who they are when I speak of them you both need your ass kicked!......

I just wanted to pass out a huge thanks to all the people who put in their hardwork on the trails last year, to give us a great place to ride, Mecca was truley one of the best trails to hit the east coast! true shore style! not to mention all of the other amazing trails!

Brad, Brian, Kalan and the rest of you that put the shovel in the dirt and a hammer in a rung. A BIG THANK YOU!!! I absolutley looked forward to every weekend last summer, because you guys gave me one hell of a kick ass place to ride and push myself to become a better rider!

I could go on and on about how good these trails were for me, just wanted to say thanks!!!!!

I think I speak for all of us when I sincerely say THANK YOU!

I will see you all at Snowshoe this summer!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Off to snowshoe i go.

Also, a definete thanks go out to brad, kalan, and brian and all else who helped. The trails there definetely got me stoked on riding and taught me a lot about riding. Hope to see you guys at snowshoe.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Well wintergreen, no DH bike'n anymore? You guys SUCK. My dad just told me he's gonna sell our house there now... id care... but you took away my reason to care.

Oh, and to Brad, Brian, Kalan and the rest of the crew i would like to give a special "thank you" to you guys. The trails you guys made were top notch and were by far the best DH/FR stuff i had ever ridden.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by DßR
wtf?

yeah you'd think when people are willing to volunteer "free work" to bring in money to a resort they'd be all for it, but I guess they just don't see the need to have a expert level mountain biking program/facility.

sounds like snowshoe is about to get PAID!

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Yea, thanx a lot for giving us a great place to ride. It was great fun. Hopefully will see u all at snowshoe

-Mike T.

wolf

Chimp
Nov 3, 2003
Ashburn/Blacksburg
Wow that really sucks....

even though i don't really know any of you guys...thanks to brad, brian, kalan, and the rest of the guys who built those trails. It was your work that got me into freeriding. im gonna really miss riding there this summer.

hope to see everyone at snowshoe

mike

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
noone is workin on the trails, they are done! the stuff that may be built will not be for our level of riding.

i.e. they can run lifts all they want, but without trails to ride, we are simply riding the lifts.....

B

bikerdave69

didn't hear this one. As of tuesday i was told we had 8 working days starting monday to get the A side ready to go for opening day. hmm....??

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by bikerdave69
didn't hear this one...maybe i should go work for the golf course now...
oh I'm sure they are gonna try and call it a mtb program..... but it wont be like last year or even the summer before....

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
didn't hear this one. As of tuesday i was told we had 8 working days starting monday to get the A side ready to go for opening day. hmm....??

you know what, I'll take you up on that, and I can't wait to see what's done!

you are the only one there who even rides a freakin bicycle,

you were asking for help to build trails because you didn't have the experience,

you are the only one who has the eyes to see what another rider will see when he rolls down the terrain, if you haven't built or even ridden the stuff before, how do you expect to have any of this done. Expect a major smoke out sesh in the woods on those 8 days!

B

bikerdave69

did you call up the mountain....i haven't been up there all week....everything chould have burn'd down and i wouldn't have known....who told you mecca was not going to be open this year?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
did you call up the mountain....i haven't been up there all week....everything chould have burn'd down and i wouldn't have known....who told you mecca was not going to be open this year?
I'm sure they will open it

will it be safe? not unless some very serious work is done

will it be ready to ride? not unless some very serious work is done

will it be up to par, for people paying money to ride this? not unless some very serious work is done

I'm done for tonight, this has just really pissed me off because to me this was what I looked forward to every weekend and now it's pretty safe to say for those of you who know the situation up there, that it will deffinatly go to ****! who remembers the creek last year? that was fixed against there will.....

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by Castle
who remembers the creek last year? that was fixed against there will.....
:confused: :confused:

Yeah, a white water kayak would have been a more appropriate vehicle to get down that trainwreck.

And how about when they stuck that friggin' snowblower assembly right on the connector trail between Dayglo and the bottom of Stoneysnake....

I'm gonna call Wintergreen OOB myself and see what they have to say before passing my final judgement but it's not sounding good. :dead:

B

bikerdave69

(are you being paid to say wintergreens not going to be open by snow shoe?? haha j/k)

oh ok...i get you now. I know where your coming from. But you know. im not even the middle man.. So what goes down on the trails isn't my choice.. i can give thoughts on things. i've heard that the wood on stunts are getting poopy. but fixing that wont be my call ya know..

i really haven't been invited to go work on trails or asked to help... i think managment has somthing against mountain bikers...hmm

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
(are you being paid to say wintergreens not going to be open by snow shoe?? haha j/k)

oh ok...i get you now. I know where your coming from. But you know. im not even the middle man.. So what goes down on the trails isn't my choice.. i can give thoughts on things. i've heard that the wood on stunts are getting poopy. but fixing that wont be my call ya know..

I really haven't been invited to go work on trails or asked to help... I think managment has somthing against mountain bikers...hmm
I'll say one last thing just directly to you! I don't mean to be a dick towards you but you say some things that are just down right not right.

I'll give ya another hint, it's not just the wood on top that's gettin "poopy", for the stunts that have been there more than a year (which they don't know which ones have been there how long), they should be torn down and replace completley, because it will all be "poopy" if not. there is a ton of work that needs to be done. (not just on the stunts, but in that rocky ass ground too, that you jam a shovel and it goes tink) yeah they'll figure that out too.

I ultimatley want the original crew of workers out there building and maintaining the trails, they created some of the best there are in this area. Damien, I'd appreciate if you asked what they planned to do about some of the more dangerous spots on the mtn, such as new 3 foot trench at the top of Banch, Expert DH trail. It'd be great if you could post a response as to what they said as well.

good night, I hope I offended noone but Wintergreen and it's Mtn Biking program!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by Castle
Damien, I'd appreciate if you asked what they planned to do about some of the more dangerous spots on the mtn, such as new 3 foot trench at the top of Banch, Expert DH trail. It'd be great if you could post a response as to what they said as well.
You got it. I haven't been there since the end of last season so I don't have all the details of what needs work. If you could fill me in on some of the details via PM that'd be helpful before I talk and write to them.

'Tis a real shame if this situation is really what it is. I had been looking forward to Wintergreen this year.

B

bikerdave69

sorry to piss you off castle..i was just trying to joke around..

anyhoo...yeah i'll see what they say, when we go on the trails next week...and ask questions..and point stuff out...etc. that is if i get to work on them, or maybe ill just hang out by the bungy tramp. i'll hit up ypu all of whats going down..or what isn't.
laters

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
Originally posted by DamienC
:confused: :confused:

I'm gonna call Wintergreen OOB myself
don't call them, call the people that make the decisions. they were given the opportunity to have a fully funded world class mtb destination with a few top world class atheletes involved and we were told to our face by the man who makes the call that they did not want a world class core mtb program. they do not want the core rider.

brian please chime in.

dave stay out of this i met you and you're cool but there is a lot of behind the scene stuff that you and probably your boss do not know about. all of this comes from above out of bounds.

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
Since, I just moved to the east coast last year, I didn't get a chance to ride Wintergreen and was looking forward to it... Oh, well. I agree up top with thanks to all that help maintain and build trails. I know a lot of bikers that feel they only have to ride, and not help. well, in my opinion, they miss half the fun associated with mountain biking.

In other news, the shed is blowing up.. yep, I said it, blowing up. I'll see everyone up there, hopefully.
--z--

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by Matt D
Don't believe it until you hear it from the horse's mouth: i.e. overbybars, stoneysnake, and Banche.
umm I think Stoney just spoke? I had to give you a hard time since you give everyone else a hard time on there spelling? hehehe :devil:

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
Originally posted by stoneysnake
...they were given the opportunity to have a fully funded world class mtb destination with a few top world class atheletes involved and we were told to our face by the man who makes the call that they did not want a world class core mtb program. they do not want the core rider....
..........man that is so lame! Shoot, even if we simply had the level of program that we've enjoyed in the past, it would still rock. Do you think it would do any good to draw up a petition & get everyone who has ridden WG (or plans to), to sign it & email the "Man" individually? I will ride there regardless as I don't race & I sure am not driving 6 hours to SS & back every Sat.

Aug 30, 2002
Snow hoes
It amazes me that the guys in charge up at wintergreen have been striving for more exposure, and a more prosperous mountain bike program, but when they are faced with making the mountain into a real mountain bike park they pussy out and call it quits. F uck that bullsh it:angry:

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
Originally posted by VegiBikerDude
It amazes me that the guys in charge up at wintergreen have been striving for more exposure, and a more prosperous mountain bike program, but when they are faced with making the mountain into a real mountain bike park they pussy out and call it quits. F uck that bullsh it:angry:
.........you're telling me! I have over $5000 worth of Mt Bike sitting in my basement that I bought specifically for WG:( :angry: :dead:

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by VegiBikerDude
It amazes me that the guys in charge up at wintergreen have been striving for more exposure, and a more prosperous mountain bike program,
No they haven't, Brian and Brad have been. WG could give a rat's ass about mountain biking.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
as far as i'm concerned everyone in oob and above on that mtn. can kiss my big hairy wolfsburg a$$. the little guy up there, and he knows who he is can lick the little beeds of sweat of my nut sack!!!!!! guys if you love the sport of dh,then spend your money in west virginia! if you want to go up there,then do it to take a sh!t on their front door step.i knew that place was run by closet fags long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SNOWSHOE IS MY KNEW HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!
hulkamaniac i'll see you the weekend after the open, and every other weekend after as long as there is no race anywhere!
WINTERGREEN AND EVRYONE UP THERE CAN BLOW ME!!!!!!
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE YOU FRIGGIN LITTLE MIDGETs in a world of men!!!
WINTERGREEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
no. there has been 3 years of deliberation and they do not get it! and they do not care about you the rider. i was told that to my face.
yeah they dont care about the riders. they just want the money generated by fat lazy assholes that pay for the "scenic chair lift ride" i will miss wintergreen and i am sure they in the long run will miss the riders. If it is snowshoe that is stepping up to bat i say we all give a big thanks to those guys by gong and riding the hell out of that place. kalan it was good meeting you at WG and hopefully ill bump into you again i appreciate the effort you and your friends put in there it trully was worth the drive and money. as for wintergreen, F&$K them anyway.

B

bikerdave69

don't call them, call the people that make the decisions. they were given the opportunity to have a fully funded world class mtb destination with a few top world class atheletes involved and we were told to our face by the man who makes the call that they did not want a world class core mtb program. they do not want the core rider.

brian please chime in.

dave stay out of this i met you and you're cool but there is a lot of behind the scene stuff that you and probably your boss do not know about. all of this comes from above out of bounds.
yeah? ok then... i'll do that then. thanks brad ( i think thats you)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
After my first exposure to some really fun riding last year, and some really really fun and cool people, this news sucks.

Yeah, maybe this year I couldn't have ridden as much but was still hoping for a few runs and certianly to be able to help build out there.

How can Wintergreen not see the bigger picture for them? you know like making money, while the core group, and you know who you are, gave up there free time to make Wintergreen what it was last year for free.

The riding, the people and the trails was sometimes what made surviving the week worth it's while. SO I wasn't the best rider, so what, I had a blast doing what I did.

What really sucks is finding a group of people like I did there will be hard to find. Yeah there's Snowshoe, but it's just not the same.

I mean damn, my wife even tried riding there on her birthday because of all the good and fun reports of what the people had to offer.

and on a last note, it was the PEOPLE that made Wintergreen, NOT Wintergreen.

Banche Kalan overvy castle brad and the rest of the group, thanks for all your hard work work and giving me one of the most memerable summers of my life.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I never even got to ride wintergreen, but from reading all the reviews here, I dont think I'll bother with it. I went up there and saw some of their stunts. I was afraid to breathe and knock some of them over. I hope they plan to do something big to make up for such a huge financial loss they're going to bring on themselves. Maybe they'll take it up the ass and sell all their Kona's for dirt cheap!!!!:monkey: