Quantcast

Finally done with the Blindside......

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Well, finally finished her up late last nite alot of beer was drank... She came in at 43.6lbs, just wanted to see what you guys thought give me some critiques.. I have a 66 ATA on it for now but the suspension will be changed I talked to Craig over at AVY so I will be adding a DHF 7.0 Dual Damp and a Woodie for the rear for the 08 race season... So if anybody wants a new 8.75 x 2.75 DHX let me know... But anyway here is a stat list on the BS..

Blindside in Black - Med
DHX Coil 5.0 6000lb spring
Rear Floater W/ 12mm Axle
Zook 66 SL ATA for now
FSA 1.5 / 1 1/8 Reducer Headset
Thomson Elite X4 50mm Stem
Funn Fatboy bars 31.8
Avid Code's 203mm F&R
XT Shifter
XT Shadow RD
XT Cassette
Holzfellers OCT 170mm Cranks
Howitzer Team BB
Syncros Mental Mags
E-13 36T Guide Ring
E-13 - SRS - Red Bash
Atomlab Pimp Rims 36H
Hope Pro II Hubs 20mm / 12mm
Thomson Elite Post
WTB Silverardo
MAxxis Minion 2.5 DHR 3C

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
looks good. Will be insane with avy front and rear.

quick question, does the floater have 2 mounts on the frame?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
looks good. Will be insane with avy front and rear.

quick question, does the floater have 2 mounts on the frame?

my old balfa bb7 had 3 mounts for the floater. it lets you change the quality of the "float" by adjusting how much influence it has on your suspension. not sure how exactly it works, but that is the reason it is that way.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Looks like a fun bike. I have a couple of questions:
1. Can you run it without the floater? A bike with a pivot that low and a low BB really doesn't need a floater.
2. How much did the frame & shock weigh?

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Looks like a fun bike. I have a couple of questions:
1. Can you run it without the floater? A bike with a pivot that low and a low BB really doesn't need a floater.
2. How much did the frame & shock weigh?
1. Yes you can run it without one. (that's how i'm running mine).
2. Large frame (3939g frame only, +922g for dhx 5, 500lb spring, shock bolts & bushings)

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
just one question though, why avalanche?
Why not AVY??? I have posted questions about there stuff since I have not seen any bikes with there suspension, but even so they are hands down one of the best suspension out there.. I am 240lb and ride pretty hard and there DHF fork just barrels thru stuff so at 240lb I really dont care if the fork weighs 9.5lbs...

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
6000 lb spring would indicate no irony in the name 'el gordo'

Yeah and I am still bulking right now for a powerlifting comp so I will be 250-255lb in about 2-3 months so I may need a 8000000lb spring.. But then I will cut down again and the spring will be fine..

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
That makes me want one even more. I will wait to see how people like them after the season is over and I might swoop in and pick one up.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Thanks, Hopefully I can get her dirty this weekend.. Now just trying to finish my Preston build thats my winter bike to keep me in shape for next season.. Cant wait to Race the BS.. Also just got a new Zoke 55 for the Preston pretty nice fork super Stiff :monkeydance:

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
my old balfa bb7 had 3 mounts for the floater. it lets you change the quality of the "float" by adjusting how much influence it has on your suspension. not sure how exactly it works, but that is the reason it is that way.
The reason it has two holes is because the piece is welded to the frame (as opposed to brazed) and welding something that had one hole would be to small and weaken the tube too much. They have to use a larger piece so the put another hole in it to shave so weight. It won't change how the brake performance is effected.

Kyle,

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
It's definitely a pretty solid build. It's a shame it will never go fast no matter how much you spend on it.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
It's definitely a pretty solid build. It's a shame it will never go fast no matter how much you spend on it.
Bro really WTF do you care what I spend on my bike or how many bikes I have you NAG more then my Wife bro really STFU already Sh*T act like a man dude really... Go hate elsewhere

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
What the **** is your problem?
Were you only born with one nut or something?

You sound like a 12 year old girl bitching at other people.
Didn't mean to anger anyone else. He gave me an undue amount of crap in another thread so I flipped the switch to 'asshole.' Don't be fooled, I don't actually care, but I did basically nothing and got a rise out of him.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The reason it has two holes is because the piece is welded to the frame (as opposed to brazed) and welding something that had one hole would be to small and weaken the tube too much. They have to use a larger piece so the put another hole in it to shave so weight. It won't change how the brake performance is effected.

Kyle,
dang! thought it was another mounting hole option. :poster_oops:

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Didn't mean to anger anyone else. He gave me an undue amount of crap in another thread so I flipped the switch to 'asshole.' Don't be fooled, I don't actually care, but I did basically nothing and got a rise out of him.
Undue Sh*t are you kidding me... Here are your comments bro..

"Why not just try riding the bike that you built 20 minutes ago so when you change the shock you can make an educated comparison"

"Much unlike your case where you built a bike, realized it was gay 20minutes later, built another one, and are now asking questions about a product that has barely changed over several years and has numerous threads dedicated to it".

Funny how everybody thinks your gay, cause you just bitch about how much I spend or what I do or what I want to add to my bike.. Bro really get a life and be a man stop crying.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006

"Why not just try riding the bike that you built 20 minutes ago so when you change the shock you can make an educated comparison"

"Much unlike your case where you built a bike, realized it was gay 20minutes later, built another one, and are now asking questions about a product that has barely changed over several years and has numerous threads dedicated to it".

Funny how everybody thinks your gay, cause you just bitch about how much I spend or what I do or what I want to add to my bike.. Bro really get a life and be a man stop crying.

Seriously dude you think you "Flipped the Switch on me" I could careless what you think about how much I spend on my rig. I work hard for my money being a Corrections Officer your the kind of guy I see in jail getting traded for Honey Buns you know what i am saying.. You can find me at Diablo if you want to "Flip the Switch" on me in person then you can see the Undue Sh*t I will give you..
haha.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
don't put avy on it. its great how it is.
Well I may not, I know my Wife has been asking me about my bike lately and my neighbor asked me on Wednesday if I got a new fork cause he saw a new Zoke box outside my door while I was at work he rides too.. I think my Wife might have gotten me a 888 RC3 for Christmas / Anniversary.. Especially cause that was the fork I was gonna do on the BS.. If that is the case I will probably do the 888 or my Wife will probably really kill me..

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx

Seriously dude you think you "Flipped the Switch on me" I could careless what you think about how much I spend on my rig. I work hard for my money being a Corrections Officer your the kind of guy I see in jail getting traded for Honey Buns you know what i am saying.. You can find me at Diablo if you want to "Flip the Switch" on me in person then you can see the Undue Sh*t I will give you..
rofl pwnd

+1 rep

oh, and I'd keep it how it is, maybe switch to avy after riding a bit

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
rofl pwnd

+1 rep

oh, and I'd keep it how it is, maybe switch to avy after riding a bit
Fawking kids you know..

Yeah I mean I defiantly want to go to a DC fork, I have been riding a DHX 5.0 for 2 years so I definitely want to do a different shock, when I got the BS I was gonna go with a Roco WC but I got a deal on the frame with the DHX. I am either gonna go AVY or a CCDB.. As for the fork I think my wonderful wife did get me a 888 for our anniversary which if it is the case I am cool with that I am a big zoke fan and my debate was between a 888 or the DHF. The BS is my race bike for next year so I want to try diff setups.. I have my Preston for everyday riding.