Quantcast

Finally had Pliny

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
If there has been one good thing about trips to So Cal, it's been Pizza Port. Not only do these fellas brew outstanding beer, they have quite a spread of guest beers as well.

Finally had myself some Pliny the Elder. An imperial IPA with more hops than Davy Crockett's got money, I was impressed. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT drink this beer at the front end of a tasting session, it will absolutely ruin your palate.

But I will put it toe to toe with the best IPA's I've ever had (Captain Lawrence Captain's Reserve), it really is everything it is cracked up to be.

Dogwonder gives it two paws up.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I guess the beer would make up for the fact that the worst pizza I've had in the world in in California.

I mean WTF is with bean sprouts on pizza!!!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I did my part on a keg of Pliny at Sea Otter this year. It was a pretty sloppy night.

I grew up in Connecticut and spent a lot of time in NY and Boston, not I live in SF. Can't speak for Socal but there is a lot of good pizza up here.

Sprouts on pizza? Sounds like ugly pants to me: You don't have to buy them.

:lighten:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
The next big thing in pizza is Pizza Salad. it's a crust, cut into wedges, with a salad dropped onto it.... No sauce or cheese....