Quantcast

FINALLY IT CAME.... no-homo (PICS)

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
YES, it finally came one day short of two weeks my bran new boxxer teams came and installed w/o a hitch! all i need now is the adapter for the mono and the soft spring and ill be good to go for CAMPFORTUNE this weekend. :weee:

bikes pretty good right now and its damn light. i also really like the geometry with the taller fork (14"bb 'n' slack), its much more comfortable this way. and i cant wait to spin it on some serious trails, but for now its off to the brick works hill. ta ta.

tell me what you think.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
Transcend said:
Nice file cabinet. Are you gonna race at fortune in august? Always a fun time.
much lighter than a file 'n' cabinet :rolleyes:
im going there for the ontario cup this weekend and would definatly be interested in in racing there later in the summer. is there a site or something wit some info?

ALSO steep dusty hills+no front brake=almost took a swim with the ducks:nopity:

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
julian_dh said:
much lighter than a file 'n' cabinet :rolleyes:
im going there for the ontario cup this weekend and would definatly be interested in in racing there later in the summer. is there a site or something wit some info?

ALSO steep dusty hills+no front brake=almost took a swim with the ducks:nopity:
Nice bike, see you at Fortune this weekend!

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I dunno, I think it may be the same course as last year but the bottom is supposedly not that rutted out super rough left hander but a faster/flowier (word??) section.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
kidwoo said:
Hey........you said no homo.

What gives?
Unless your saying that the bike is gay, I think that he is referencing an Opie and Anthony radio bit where a guy does soemthing "gay" like grabbing another guy's ass but makes it "not gay" by proclaiming "No homo" at the end of it.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Repack said:
Unless your saying that the bike is gay, I think that he is referencing an Opie and Anthony radio bit where a guy does soemthing "gay" like grabbing another guy's ass but makes it "not gay" by proclaiming "No homo" at the end of it.
Thats so stupid it just might work!

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
Rye_Bread said:
i wonder what that would weight with a boxxer air, hollow cranks, X.0, and some dual duty rims
well the bike was 40(hanging scale) with a sherman slider and coil shock.
i put on ghetto tubes (-1.75)
and a dhx air (-1)
cut off all the excess post (-.25).
this is just a guess but i'd say its 37 +/- half a pound.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Repack said:
I think Opie and Anthony should be both punched in the face by Michelle Dumaresq.

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
Transcend said:
Ugh, now I have to find someone to go to fortune with this weekend! I didn't know there was an O cup on. MIko - which course is it?
Yup it's the same course as the qcup but like Julian said the bottom corner has been rerouted.

It now goes straight accross the ski run and comes out on the other side of the lift.

There's two more race weekends after this one as well. The q-cup is the 5-6 and the O-cup final is August 12-13...there will be a race on both saturday and sunday. Look for some new courses to be used.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
for those who asked
orange 223
boxxer team
chrisking hs
protaper bars
kona pedals
xt cranks and bb
e13 srs
fizik seat re covered
thompson post
hope m6 m4
dangerboy stem
chris king hub rear 150x12mm
formula front
rhynolite xl rims
kenda nevegal
ghetto tubeless
x.7 der x.9 shifter

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Holy cow! Now that's an old school champagne 222. Good to see some of them still floating around.

All I have to say...is wait till you guys see the new stuff coming out of orange for 07/08.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
Transcend said:
Holy cow! Now that's an old school champagne 222. Good to see some of them still floating around.

All I have to say...is wait till you guys see the new stuff coming out of orange for 07/08.
are we talking whole new bike or even more detailed refinements, cause i saw a picture a lil while ago of a circular tube version of the frame. i thought ither new bike or custom geometry so no fancy tubes.

soon there gonna have this bike weigh'n in at 7 pounds with an air.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I can't say.

That bike you saw was semi proto in more ways than one..the tubing wasn't just so it could have custom geometry (you can't do a one off hydroform without being honda/giant). The tubing itself however was also something special...

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
Transcend said:

Not one of those new fangled single pivots?
Morewood and Orange are stepping it up big time:rofl: