Quantcast

Finally letting the 26" go =-(

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
I hate to do it, but I just find myself having too much fun on the 20" (s&m laf). I've had so much fun on this bike and honestly, its soooo dialed, I hate to let it go, but I would like someone else to give it the use it deserves (its pretty much been sitting for about 12 months besides the ocassion tool around the hood)....and hell, I could use the money! I'm posting final pictures...by the way, its for sale here:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-3/ad-12107/

Frame: Specialized P1 short, not the long version – Custom powder coating in Olive drab satin.
Fork: 06 Marzocchi DJ 2 Lowered by Marzochhi to 80 mm. External Rebound Adjustment!
Front Hub: Diatech swinger front hub (20mm convertible to 9mm QR)
Halo Tornado Wheels
Rear Hub: Hadley 108 pt TI body hub with TI axle bolts
Brake: Avid BB7 185mm disc brake w/ avid lever and avid flack jacket cable
Cranks: Gusset pigmy 3 piece cranks
Pedals: Crank Bro’s 50/50 pedals (lots of pin life left)
Seat Post: THOMPSON
Seat: SDG
Headset: FSA Sky Pilot
Bars: RaceFace
Stem: Truvativ Hussefelt
Grips: ODI lock on grips (rogue)
Sproket: Odyssey Vermont 28 tooth
Rear Sproket 14 tooth gusset single speed conversion kit
Chain: KMC 710 SL hollow pin
Tires: Maxxis Holy Roller

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
spaaaaaam.
Thanks for the free bump son ;) Honestly, I thought this thread would spike some discussion of those leaving 26" for 20" or visca versa, and maybe get some feedback on my build. I've never posted a bike check before and I figured why not do it before its gone. And if i'm going to post it up, I might as well put the link where its for sale.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Dialed set up, just don't like the pedals.

For me big bikes have their place so I keep mine around. I gotta admit that my 20 gets way more play tho.

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
Check the pawls on your Hadley. I have 2 of the 108pt's, and they go through pawls faster than the other freehubs they make.
I know hadley had a quality control issue with a large batch of 108 pts, but this one came before that batch from what my research found. I've been running this one for a while now with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I love it!

Dialed set up, just don't like the pedals.

For me big bikes have their place so I keep mine around. I gotta admit that my 20 gets way more play tho.
Yeah, I'd like to have a short travel fully around, but I basically use these two bikes for identical purposes....dirt and park....therefore I just dont have a need.