Quantcast

Finally some moisture in the dirt! (pics and vids)

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
ya the best part about those trails is they're like 2 minutes from my house! BTW thanks to fluidride for hooking me up with the sunday, its sick:biggrin: as you can tell by the pics, i love cornering, and the sunday is a cornering beast:cupidarrow:

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
where are those trails? they look like fun

BTW i got my sunday at fluidride too!
same exact bike cept - the hayes nines (replaced w/ juicys)

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
where are those trails? they look like fun

BTW i got my sunday at fluidride too!
same exact bike cept - the hayes nines (replaced w/ juicys)
the trails are in richland, WA (Tri-Cities). they're pretty short though cuz
they're just on my neighborhood hill. we've got a pretty long trail in progress about a half hour west in benton city, but i haven't ridden it lately.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
BTW thanks to fluidride for hooking me up with the sunday, its sick
I'm glad you like it. I remember your dad coming in. Nice guy. My buddy Joe used to live in West Richland. His family lives down there. I think sometime we'll have to make a trip and bring the bikes!

How long are the trails? pretty short? or do you get a bit of a ride before having to go back to the top?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
I'm glad you like it. I remember your dad coming in. Nice guy. My buddy Joe used to live in West Richland. His family lives down there. I think sometime we'll have to make a trip and bring the bikes!

How long are the trails? pretty short? or do you get a bit of a ride before having to go back to the top?
those particular ones are pretty short. there's one that's a little bit longer than sst and with more vertical drop and more natural terrain in the same area. i'll try to get some pics of that sometime. if it ever gets finished, the trail in benton city will be well worth a ride, and its shuttleable:biggrin:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Good looking stuff. I just applied for a job at PNNL. Nice to know there's stuff to ride out there if I were to get an offer...

How is the riding in that area in general?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Good looking stuff. I just applied for a job at PNNL. Nice to know there's stuff to ride out there if I were to get an offer...

How is the riding in that area in general?
its alright as long as its not summer. there is a decent sized cross country trail-system and lots of hills to build trails on (people don't really care if you build trails because it's just sagebrush and grass). there's also a decent concrete skatepark and there should be a metal ramp one coming soon as well.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
don't forget the dirt is mostly sand and silt, when it dries out over there you are in a big sand dune basically

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i'm proud to say we got up to 112 this summer haha. dry or not, that is HOT! and somehow my twisted mind thought it would be fun to actually ride in that heat. it wasn't

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Lovely, thanks for climatology data.

We have a month or so of weather in the 90's here with humidity to match. It can be pretty miserable. Fortunately we don't have much sand and plenty of shade. (Maybe I should stick around afterall?)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Lovely, thanks for climatology data.

We have a month or so of weather in the 90's here with humidity to match. It can be pretty miserable. Fortunately we don't have much sand and plenty of shade. (Maybe I should stick around afterall?)
The weather in the Tri-Cities is actually pretty nice. Four seasons, and the heat isn't too bad because of the low humidity. That is what the killer is in Seattle high 80's with 100% humidity:disgust:

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
... Seattle high 80's with 100% humidity:disgust:
Ummmm...
I don't know about the 100% humidity but definately more than E. WA.
I am guessing jdschall is on the east coast. With REAL humidity.

Seattle gets humid but nothing compared to the eastern parts of the states.

Count on a regular 90's for a good part of the summer but with minimal humidity. The down side is there is practicly no trees - NO SHADE!
Except the shade part it is tolerable.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
it's so sick, beats the heck out of my old diamondback. when i rode whistler this summer it was finally about goin fast through the tech sections rather than just trying to get down them. i never would have believed what a difference a bike could make, but it does! (wow that sounds like a friggin testimonial haha but oh well i love it that much)

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
HEY freeride KID

looks like you have some race blood in ya'

way to hit the berms!

Apr 28, 2006
Kirkland, WA
hey freeride kid, i'm gonna be picking up a sunday team frame next week from fluidride and build it up...im soo excited. by the way, i know charlie because i run cross country with him.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Speaking of humidity, I was in Louisville, Kentucky in October a couple years ago. I was walking around in a a t-shirt and shorts, temperature was about 70 or so and I was sweating. Ridiculous how the humidity is back east.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
^^^ I used to live in Pittsburgh, PA. It would be above ahundred degrees and humid as hell in the summer. You would get out of the shower and 10minutes later feel like taking another one because you would be sweating already. Ohh yeah, sick trail. I am making one like it in my feild. I will post some pics when its done.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
hey freeride kid, i'm gonna be picking up a sunday team frame next week from fluidride and build it up...im soo excited. by the way, i know charlie because i run cross country with him.
ya i think he told me he knew you. that's sweet ur gettin a sunday, what do u haver right now? oh and is it an 06 or 07 sunday?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
^^^ I used to live in Pittsburgh, PA. It would be above ahundred degrees and humid as hell in the summer. You would get out of the shower and 10minutes later feel like taking another one because you would be sweating already. Ohh yeah, sick trail. I am making one like it in my feild. I will post some pics when its done.
ya i love those kinds of trails: so simple and easy to build, yet so fun!
its also nice to be able to really charge the turns w/o having to worry about flying into a tree if u mess up