Quantcast

Finally tried Pho

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Found a great Vietnamese place fairly close to my house, thanks to my sister and her husband.
Finally got to try Pho, I believe we had Pho Ga (chicken). I see now why some of you rave about it!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Pho rules.
My favorite place just shut down so the owner could return to vietnam to help her parents.
Thankfully, there are at least a dozen other awesome places to take up the slack.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
My mother in law (and my wife, duh) are Vietnamese. Had mom's Pho for lunch sunday and for dinner last night. Pho rules.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
it's why i don't phuck with it.
I eat pho and other "ethnic" foods all the time in some pretty dicey-looking places in SF and Oakland (and in Boston years ago) and have never had a problem. Most places are run by families who take pride in what they do, and care a lot more about food safety than the average flunky at a crappy fast food joint. Don't be afraid of the unfamiliar.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
You should try the Pho Tai-Nam. Tender steak strips that melt in your mouth. You can also ask for the cut up cow penis. I would pass on the latter.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
My wife and I had some local Pho a couple weeks back. Sent us both straight to the penalty box. My wife got a major whilst I escaped with only a double-minor. :D
I would stick to the Mexican joints out there. Milwaukee has a very tiny vietnamese population compared to Memphis so our Pho options are limited.:rant: