Quantcast

finally!

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
Some on here may remember that I was looking for a B1 frame for quite a while, about 4-5 years I think, they were like rocking horse manure.

Then all of a sudden a brand new one appeared for sale in the Uk. Much negotiating and it was mine for a stupidly cheap price.

Its not quite finished yet but im happy with it so far.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
LOL, Ive always liked them, but then its said my taste in bikes is rther strange as I had a Racebike dragster which I thought was gorgous.

I like low long bikes since way back in the day when I had a Vario Techno.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Holy BB Height batman, and seriously...if your attracted to that sort of bike, i dont want to see the women.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Dear rabbit humper-
Fvck the haters. Don't fall for the pessimism.

IMO I think it's pretty bad@ss that over the years you have still kept your eye on that one bike that you really like and have wanted.
You are a one-percenter on this website when it comes to that. Every single other wannabe changes their mind about which bike to buy or which is the 'best' everytime the company sponsors Sam Hill, or after reading the endless pages of dribble that is 'e-speculation' from know-it-alls who somehow seem to have opinions and info on every thing; which most of the time is only word of mouth to begin with because how can you possibly thoroughly test equipment when you have 20,000 posts and commenting on every single thread on this damn website?

whew, rant off. :pirate2: couldn't hold it in any longer.

glad you finally got the bike you've wanted.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
Well im happy to hear positive and negative comments.

Im very aware that to some people its a proper piece of pig iron but if we all liked the same things life would be oh so boring. lol

axle to axle its 47 inches i think, i measured it the other day and am trying to remember as i cant be bothered to do it again, but sitting on it there is a huge amout of room for me and im 6' 2".

Im not very flushed with money so the build has been very budget orientated, i would of prefered 180 travis forks but the 200 ones i got were stupidly cheap. I think whem the final bits turn up this week it would of run me to just shy of $1000 which i think is pretty good.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Hey man, that looks sweet. I think its a great that you buy the bike you want, no matter how old it is.. Shows ur not pushed to the new ones, just because its new!

Hope you enjoy it bud!

Jun 20, 2007
Dear rabbit humper-
Fvck the haters. Don't fall for the pessimism.

IMO I think it's pretty bad@ss that over the years you have still kept your eye on that one bike that you really like and have wanted.
You are a one-percenter on this website when it comes to that. Every single other wannabe changes their mind about which bike to buy or which is the 'best' everytime the company sponsors Sam Hill, or after reading the endless pages of dribble that is 'e-speculation' from know-it-alls who somehow seem to have opinions and info on every thing; which most of the time is only word of mouth to begin with because how can you possibly thoroughly test equipment when you have 20,000 posts and commenting on every single thread on this damn website?
/QUOTE]

Exactly.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Always liked the look of that frame. Dreamed about it as a kid. The bb doesn't seem sky high either, simply a bit higher than most frames today. How much travel it gets?

BTW. Wasn't this frame made by vario and repainted for the b1 team? Or am I wrong?

mr-biker

Chimp
Nov 13, 2008
Ireland
Fair play mate,

I too was on the lookout last summer for one :rockout:. Beone bikes are handmade afaik.
If you get the opportunity try to lower that front end, it will make the world of difference.
There are 2 Beone woodbumbles in our household. They have been going strong for two years now. There are no cracks, dents, play etc to be found.

If you could get around to it, could you post up some figures about the bike, I'd be very interested .:biggrin:

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
I remember this guy Nico Vink riding one of these bikes in the alps. Earthed 3 i think
Fast ride i will like to have one too....

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
yeah the Nico vink section on earthed shows what the bike is really like, I remember watching watching Bas de Bever, Mickel Pascal and Gerwin Peters ripping the WC circuit on them.

mr-biker

Chimp
Nov 13, 2008
Ireland
Here is a video for you, It's a clip from kranked 5.

Edit; video doesn't seem to work for me. Here is a direct link if you need it=>

Last edited:

Eurotrash

Monkey
Mar 2, 2002
I lusted over that bike too! They had Mick Pascal riding for them and he's one of my all time favorite riders, really stoked that he's coming back to form this year.

I rememebr at national champs he stomped on that thing.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Looks cool, I've gotten a chance to spend some time on those bikes back when Jesse Whitsell and George Ryan were riding them. It's an interesting rig for sure. I remember it being so exotic back in the early 2000's.

Be careful with that seatmast, no seated crash landings, seriously.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
Looks cool, I've gotten a chance to spend some time on those bikes back when Jesse Whitsell and George Ryan were riding them. It's an interesting rig for sure. I remember it being so exotic back in the early 2000's.

Be careful with that seatmast, no seated crash landings, seriously.
yeah I know what your saying although bizarrely enough while searching for pics of old 500gp bikes I stumbled across the machine shop that made the bikes for B1, and they are still willing to make them, so I might just buy a spare seat tower.

Id be very interested in your opinion of the suspension.

Last edited: