Quantcast

Finaly got a new helmet

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Something difirend than all the TLD hype,bougth it yesterday and im stoked about it:).Also a goggle to match it

Close up of the Emergency Quick Release System(EQRS)

Can't wait till the bikeparks are open etc.

Last edited:

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
In the size Small it tips the scales at 1285g and i don't eaven notice im wearing the helmet on.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Thanks the helmet looks eaven better than on the pictures once you see it in real life,it's a amazing looking helmet with a fresh clean look.

Last edited:

ekimox

Monkey
Jun 17, 2009
TLD helmet hype is a DH thing. In Moto if you're looking at the best you're likely rocking a Shoei, Bell, Arai, long before you pick up a TLD lid. Shoei make some beautiful, safe helmets for sure. That said I love my D2.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
The sizing i already mentioned before is a Small 55-56cm and i can't realy tell if it's fit's big or small but it's amazingly comfortable.The helmet is for all faces since the inner liner is a bit thicker than most helmet liners.

The Shoei comes with 5 shell sizes while other brands come with 3 shell sizes.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
TLD helmet hype is a DH thing. In Moto if you're looking at the best you're likely rocking a Shoei, Bell, Arai, long before you pick up a TLD lid. Shoei make some beautiful, safe helmets for sure. That said I love my D2.
i LOVE my bell moto 8. most comfortable helmet ive worn. and it actually has more ventilation than my D2 did. plus it looks badass

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
How does that emergency system work? Are people at events being trained or taught about these things? I think its a great idea if it gets implemented right.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I really like the helmet and the emergency system. Those things reminded me of another system out there that assists getting the helmet off in a crash. I don't think that it has been posted up yet, but it seems to be a great idea.

http://www.ejectsafety.com/home.html

It would be cool to see these things get popular enough that resorts train EMTs how to use them and supply them with the equipment.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
That air system is used mostly in Car racing like Nascar but also been used in AMA Supercross,it's the other good alternative to the quick release cheekpad systems for mostly helmets that don't have a quick release system.

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
i just bought a fox rampage on pricepoint. i'm stoked for it to show up, i hope it's better than my old-ass 661, but anyone know anything about it? it's supposed to be light and strong, plus cool matte finish :)

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
visibility questions:
- Can the visor go up any more?
- If you aren't wearing goggles, how much of the helmet brow can you see?

thanks!

the specs on that helmet look great!

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
visibility questions:
- Can the visor go up any more?
- If you aren't wearing goggles, how much of the helmet brow can you see?

thanks!

the specs on that helmet look great!
-Yes the visor can go up more but the visor position where it's now at,is good.
-None the eye port is pretty wide,allot wider view than all the helmets in the past i head worn.The visibility on the Shoei helmets are great,no complaining about it.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
I haven't tested it on the track but from what from what i heard the ventilation is pretty sweet on this helmet.It has 5 intake vents and 7 exhaust vents to keep your'e head cool.All the vents are coverd with a stainless steel mesh from keeping dirt/roost entering the helmet.

The helmet is also designed that it still ventilates on the lower MX & off road riding speeds.I can also remove the large exit vent in the back so i could clean the helmet from the inside with a litle bit of water to maintain the helmet

Last edited:

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
How is the ventilation. My previous moto helmet had no ventilation and that is what I like about the TLD SE hype or not.
At least as good as my D2, and it doesn't direct my breath right into my goggles, which is a huge bonus.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
I purchased a new Rockgardn helmet to replace my battered D2 and picked up a new Leatt Club for good measure. Moto helmets including TL, Shoei, Bell & est. fit me much better than the likes of D2-3, est. but they seem massive when compared to the thin/light mtb lids…..I don’t ride moto so while trying on the new stuff I feel like a DH bobble head.

I’m sure during my first run a Windrock this spring all will be forgotten…….as the trail side becomes a blur.

J

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Some of the nice features the helmet has to offer

Cheeck pad venting

Keeps your'e cheeks cool in a hot day

New shell shape due to it's AIM+ material,back end looks sick

3D Max-Dry liner

It can absorb water 10x it's weight and it aborbs/dissapating sweat twice as fast as other conventional helmet liners.

Emergency Quick Release System(EQRS)

Mechanical tabs that releases the cheeck pads out of the helmet when it's pulled out by the Medical staff,for easy removal of the helmet after a serious crash.

Lower Exit vent

It can be removed so you can clean the helmet from the inside with a litle bit of water to maintain it.

Dual Layer EPS liner

Shoei can fine tune the stiffness of the inner EPS liner based on the size of the helmet.Smaller sized helmets come with a softer inner EPS liner and larger sized helmets comes with a stiffer inner EPS liner.

Sleek mouthpiece

Backed by a AIM+ brace,the mesh screen helps prevent objects from entering the mouthpiece

Other things are the flexible Visor and plastic screws for easy break away,so that the visor can shear of in a big crash.

What is AIM+:

AIM+ stands for Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus witch combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.This shell was created by Shoei to be the strongest, lightest, helmet shell on the market today,so you get the best of both worlds with the shell's construction

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Shoei's are sick helmets was my first choice until I got a 09 blowout deal on this my 2nd choice, now my first, the 10s are the same different graphics [my Airoh Stelt].

The ventilation while riding is as good as any MTB Dh Helmet, gets a bit hot walking in it, but the air flow and sweat removal in motion is awesome, biggest plus is weight for protection, 1000grams flat mines a large!

Uses a similar internal systems and the EPS is all channeled for extra venting, dosen't have the pull tabs but check pad removal is similar if ya know what ya doing, probably be nice if had the Shoei and TLD D3 instructions for medics on the inside of the visor, but being a Euro std Helmet too many different languages I guess!

Still @ 1000grams it doesn't even register as weight when riding, plus like the S-VFW it fits with my Leatt awesome, again not even an issue, I had some issues with my Remedy and looking far enough on the downs not so with this, something to be said with a Moto Helmet company that is at the leading edge with Helmet tech and other protections systems and neck braces!

Also great to see more people setting up with real helmets.

Very popular Helmet in MX 1 & 2 GPs now.