Quantcast

Fineline Bikes -Mine-

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
mtbpaint1 said:
no wheres close, just because it has a pulley and that same top tube doesnt mean its an F1
Alright stud. You take a look at the linkages on these two bikes and you tell me that they're not similar.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Pretty nice looking, great lines too. As far as looks, looks a lot like the F1, Turner and Demo all rolled in to one.

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Is this guy from Alaska? I saw a guy up at Whistler 2 seasons ago riding a homemade proto-bike that looked a lot like a canfield.. black ano'd and looked mean as hell

Mark W

Chimp
Jan 28, 2004
Canada
I saw one of these in Kelowna (Gillard), British Columbia earlier this spring. Apparently built by a guy from there. I was told there are only 3 in existance. Pictures don't do it justice, its a sweet looking ride. Everything on it looks machined. A friend grabbed a photo:

Attachments

Avy Rider

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Muskoka,Canada
I just bought his last frame besides the blue one he has for himself. He got it powder coated white for me.

This frame is SICK!!! Incredible design and workmanship.
Can't wait to build her up with my Avy DHF 8 forks and DHS rear shock. It will have 9.5" of rear travel according to Dan and he said it pops off little bumps really nicely which I like.

He told me it's not as plush over smaller stutter bumps as it could be but that has to do with the way we have our shocks valved. We both used our shocks from the 9" travel big Hit linkage set up he also makes.

I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
I would take that over an F1. Not to say the F1 isn't a good bike but that fineline looks absolutely killer!

Avy Rider

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Muskoka,Canada
It is obviously VERY similar in the suspension design but there are differences.
Regardless, the overall frame has an incredible look and solid feel to it and I can hardly wait to tear it up on this baby!

As for it being over built, I disagree. Its for heavy duty riding and is built accordingly.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Avy Rider said:
It is obviously VERY similar in the suspension design but there are differences.
Regardless, the overall frame has an incredible look and solid feel to it and I can hardly wait to tear it up on this baby!

As for it being over built, I disagree. Its for heavy duty riding and is built accordingly.
yeah it's not fair to let Canfield "own" that type of suspension design and claim all others are rip-offs, just like other suspension designs get crossed-over too. I like it, plus the shock is at a more asthetic angle :clue:

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
wow. pretty sweet design. How much does that bad boy weigh in at? It def has its similarities to a cornfield but changes some angles a bit. good stuff

Avy Rider

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Muskoka,Canada
I'll have to weigh it as I'm not sure yet.
It's beefy and definitely not the best choice for a racer watching his grams!

I'm just a hack freerider who likes to bomb the occasional downhill when the mood strikes me so I love the burlyness.

Avy Rider

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Muskoka,Canada
Unfortunately, he doesn't do this as a fulltime job and does not have a website. Who knows, things may change in the future for him. he's a rally talented designer and he also builds the 9" travel linkage kits for the earlier model big hits.

I'm very lucky to get the last frame he had. There may not be any more made.

Avy Rider

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Muskoka,Canada
Here she is. The reservoir isn't mounted yet but it sits in the bracket on the top of the down tube.

Getting the headset installed tomorrow.( Chris King Steelset.)