Quantcast

Finished project bike - 08 Yeti 303

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
lucky its just ur axle, i have had to rebuild my frame 4 times already, EVERY bolt on mine comes loose even rails and all

May 6, 2004
lucky its just ur axle, i have had to rebuild my frame 4 times already, EVERY bolt on mine comes loose even rails and all
I am super slow so there is not that much of me losing my bolts but I will definately will check every single one.
Have you used loctite on them? I use it on any bolt that may need it but I have not done it on the bolt I have lost. I guess I learned my lesson.
Have you spoken to yeti people? Maybe there is some sort of special loctite or they may be using stronger, i.e. bearing holding loctite.

If you have any info from them that would be great to see them in this thread.
Thanks

We went though 2 sets brake pads each
Damo, did you switch to sintered pads or stayed with organic ones?

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i call yeti and got hte usual every bike we send is perfect so u obviously broke it. (this was after the first ride when the bike go soo loose that the rear would literally steer the bike)

every call since then was the same sort of thing including bring it to shop, its all ur fault, and the "we cant help u" ones too.

bottom line their CS sucks, however i know a kid whose dad is the rep and he had a mechanic take it apart and supersonic cleaner it then use lock tite on everything. 2 rides on it since then and only the axle has issues... for now...

so we will see. custom service sucks but they make up for it with the bikes