Quantcast

Firefox 0.9.2 & Ridemonkey...

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
golgiaparatus said:

I love safari.

but there are a few websites that I need for work that IE or safari wont do on a mac.

I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but im glad that my roommate has a pc.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
not very impressed with page loading time, I.E loaded almost instantaniously, althought the intitial page load is instant the content takes a while to load, but everthing else is excellent a lot more stable than I.E., miles better when it comes to customizing it.
i'm sure i'm gonna grow to love it.

i've tryed MANY other browsers, most of them were quicker than I.E buty lack the stability.

so far i'm quite happy with it.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
slowSSer said:
I love safari.

but there are a few websites that I need for work that IE or safari wont do on a mac.

I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but im glad that my roommate has a pc.
Word! I have IE on my puter too for that exact problem. Its usually sites where I have to pay for something with my credit card. Safari just craps out, like corbis... thats the one that gets me, corbis and safari hate each other.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I think it is fine and dandy but does anybody elses Firefox take a while to load to the homepage?
I haven't experienced slowness loading the homepage. It's usually pretty fast. If it's constantly slow for you, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it again.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody know how to get rid of that bookmarks bar under the address bar on Firefox?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BrokenChain said:
Right-click on a blank space on the toolbar, and deselect Bookmarks Toolbar.
NIce I was trying to right click on the end of the actual bookmark toolbar. Thanks man!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Anybody have experience with this using a 56k connection?
Yeah, I did and it really didn't make that much of a speed difference over IE simply because you can't download the pages as fast as the computer can render them.

It's a better browser, though (IMO), so the speed isn't necessarily the selling point.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Yeah, I did and it really didn't make that much of a speed difference over IE simply because you can't download the pages as fast as the computer can render them.

It's a better browser, though (IMO), so the speed isn't necessarily the selling point.
Oh cool thanks! So your advice is for me to get out of the dark ages and get rid of the 56k at home and get something faster? :)

I'm such a cheap bastard I don't want to spend the $20 extra a month for high speed internet.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Oh cool thanks! So your advice is for me to get out of the dark ages and get rid of the 56k at home and get something faster? :)

I'm such a cheap bastard I don't want to spend the $20 extra a month for high speed internet.
Um.

How's this:

Extra phone line for dialup: $20/month (unlimited local calling required as part of the package for dialup)
Internet service: $20/month
Connection: 56k, dealing with busy signals/disconnections/etc. For $40/month.

OR

Basic phone package: $10/month (extra phone line is unnecessary, and you can get the cheapest phone line they have because you don't need unlimited local)
DSL service: $35/month
Connection: Screaming fast, no disconnections, for $5/month more...