Quantcast

Firestone DH race is so soon!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Hey folks, I'm posting this up for folks who haven't seen my thread in the SoCal forum. The Rockgardn Chamberlin Ranch DH race at the Firestone MTB Festival is April 24th in Santa Barbara county. This is the first year for the DH at the festival and my first time building a course. It is an awesome one too. Spread the word and come on out yo!

If you stick around the entire weekend not only does your $40 entry fee get you unlimitted pre-rides on Friday, a 2 run best combined time format, a local race in SB, but if you come back on sunday you can roam the new improved expo area, win prizes in the huge prize raffle, eat some killer food, listen to some great loacl bands, use your race number to get a FREE GLASS OF FIRESTONE and if your one of the first 500 (XC or DH) to register you even get a FREE FWMTB Weekend pint glass to put your free swill in!

Info to get you registered
http://www.ridesb.com/Firestone_04.htm

The Socal thread with lots of pics!
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73139&pagenumber=1

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Is that a picture of Dave riding the DH course?

I gotta work all day on Saturday, but I'll try to get up there on Sunday just for sh!ts and giggles. I definitely wanna see the course.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by dexterq20
Is that a picture of Dave riding the DH course?

I gotta work all day on Saturday, but I'll try to get up there on Sunday just for sh!ts and giggles. I definitely wanna see the course.
Yes, thats Dave! The Dh course will be shut down for riding on Sunday, but feel free to give it a look.

As far as places to stay Buellton has several options (motel 6) There is camping onsite and the weather is beautiful here now.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Noah, does it get HOT (like Fontana piss-dairy hot) out there?

Is it close to Carpenteria too? (cheap places to stay)

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Carp is over an hour away. Goleta is closer by a lot. Staying in Buellton or Solvang would be closest.

It does get hot in the summer, but the weather this time of year is idyllic. 70-80F and clear skies. Hopefully no wind.

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
How far from UCSB is the course? ill be down there from santa cruz, id be more than down to race, just need a ride to the course
charlie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
I'm going to try to make it down too... can you register online? I couldn't find anything on the Team Big Bear site. Two run combined time format sounds rad!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Originally posted by bbmj
How far from UCSB is the course? ill be down there from santa cruz, id be more than down to race, just need a ride to the course
charlie
From UCSB take the 101 to the 154 exit. Follow 154 to Foxen Canyon road, follow that...I'm sure they will have signs. It's going to be about a 40-50 minute drive.

I'm sure the guys from Velo Pro will be going over.... www.velopro.com You could get a ride from them or from some of the guys on this board no problem.

The Ito