Quantcast

Firestone DH Review

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
all right people, lets tell people how we liked/or disliked this yeras Firestone DH race.

I have to say it was great this year, about 250 people showed up, and the amount of injuries this year, compare to last year, was way down. The only major injury was this one person who fell and wasn't wearing the proper gear and helmet, and ended up taking a bad hit to the head. Other than that it was a great race fun and fast course great people and relatively well organized.

Id like to make a shout-out to all that helped and participated in the race this year.

Also does any one know where to view photos from the race (LensArt was up there, but i can't find their internet site)

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
I have a TON of photos. I'll go thru and get # plates. Check ridesb.com for photo updates of the race run.

Edit: last year I found a photographer's site thru ridesb.com. I'll show you what I mean in a bit...

Edit2: pics from last year http://www.uinaction.com/firstn05.htm

Edit3: Here are the number plates of the OK-to-good photos. Apparently, I need some practice taking pics in manual mode; I thought I had more good ones:
519, 470, 462, 203, 381, 366, 487, 582, 277, 479, 310, 202, 285, 374, 564, 571, 302, 520, 191, 538, 485, 467, 557, 583, 399, 435, 465, 261, 254, 586, 48, 446, 258, 440, 578, 119

sorry I didn't get more of the locals...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Lens Art doesn't have a site yet but they're working on it.

The race was awesome, I had an absolute blast. Can't wait to see some pics also.

Pete, I was #483 I think hit me with some pics.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I thought the race was great. The organization was smooth, the results were posted right away, and the venue had a really chill atmosphere. Plus the course was a blast!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
bikenweed said:
Who won pro?
In my book Sanjay won. Seeing him off the hip was crazy

But he got like 20th or something after a crash

I don't know who actually won

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah, im owndering when the ridesb site will be updated, however im going to post a pic of me just becuase i want to:

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
just one question who is that guy in the blue taht seem to be in everyones picture?

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
The guy in blue was another photographer. I thought the race was great. They had a really fun, fast course and the organization/atmosphere was great. Plus I got a stein with "1st" on it! Getting a stein is way cooler than a medal. Tons of people got tires, shirts, videos, etc for podiuming. It's always nice to get real things when you work your ass off and win.

Kirkaldie got 1st by a pretty big margin, then Evan Turpen 2nd and a Giant rider (Travis Collins?) 3rd. Does anyone have any pics of #187? Grey pants, grey/red jersey and a black helmet

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
There was a pic of me (335) in your gallery, thanks. The race was a ton of fun and for my first one, I am now hooked. Although being called a sand-bagger on the podium was a little weird ;)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
It was so much fun. I found some pics of me on someone's smugmug site.

I want to see the ones of my XC run. I wheelied or jumped everytime I saw a camera.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Great course, good times. I had a blast and it seems everyone else did too ;)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Yeah Noah! how was the bday bash at the campgrounds saturday night?

I seriously haven't been able to stop thinking about the race since it's been over, I had so much damn fun.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Metal said:
I was only 1.3secs off my first run. Too bad for me it was a two run format.
I was standing right there waiting for my second run when you flew off the table. Looked like it hurt real bad after your front tire just stuck. Nice one getting up fast and finishing though.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
punkassean said:
Yeah Noah! how was the bday bash at the campgrounds saturday night?

I seriously haven't been able to stop thinking about the race since it's been over, I had so much damn fun.
The camping was fun. Preperation was minimal, wood for a fire was scarce and a bit "moist" We drank stupid amounts of beer, played heavy metal and made asses of ourselves. Sanjay, Brian and Wes stopped by for a while too. Brad (Be-radd) came by too.

To all the XC campers around us who we annoyed: Sorry, we'll have a "rowdy only" camping section next year!:rofl:

I REALLY want to see a fall race there, and I really want to build another course for a two run, two course format.

N

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Zark said:
The camping was fun. Preperation was minimal, wood for a fire was scarce and a bit "moist" We drank stupid amounts of beer, played heavy metal and made asses of ourselves. Sanjay, Brian and Wes stopped by for a while too. Brad (Be-radd) came by too.

To all the XC campers around us who we annoyed: Sorry, we'll have a "rowdy only" camping section next year!:rofl:

I REALLY want to see a fall race there, and I really want to build another course for a two run, two course format.

N
I wit'ya on the fall race. It's awn yo!

I cruised home saturday, stuffed face with sushi and passed the fug out. :D

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Zark said:

N
Yeah Noah, i had ton of fun Saturday night, even if you do have something against Germans. :rofl:

That race was so much fun, can't wait for the next one. More courses and races would be sick! :love:

Next year you need to include truck rodeo.