Quantcast

Firestone XC Course?

Dec 20, 2005
Thinking of racing the xc course on sunday. Does anyone that has ridden the course before have an idea of what it is like? elevation gains? technical? I'm english muffin's other half and was wondering. This will only be my 2nd xc race as a beginner so I was curious before I sign up. I know we dont ride the new technical bit, but what about the other parts of the course.

Any help. Thanks.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
There is nothing technical. It's all smooth. The climbs aren't bad (i'm not a frequent XCer- first xc race). Just part of one climb, up to the DH start is hard. You can just walk up if it's hard. The climb's aren't too long. It's a fun course. I think a beginner and Pro would both have lots of fun.

It's about 15mi. I'll be doing it in beginner.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
It's a great course. It's like a real singletrack trail instead of this pansy Norba crap that's been going on recently. If I were to race any XC race this would be the one. You ride through pastures and vinyards on a nicely groomed trail. The scenery is awesome.

Definately go for it!

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Thanks for the kind words guys!

There are pics of some of the XC course here http://ridesb.com/firestone_xcphotos.htm.

It is a rolling course, the beginners don't do the harder Sport Expert start loop, the steep stuff ...

It's 15 miles, lot's of singletrack, and fun stuff, two creek crossings, vineyards ... it's awesome.

ETR,

Mike - The Promoter :cool:

Dec 20, 2005
Thanks for the info! I will definitely sign-up this weekend. I'm a Santa Barbara local so I have to give it a shot. Cant be any worse than some of the trails in the area.

Sounds exciting and fun!