Quantcast

first a camelback, then lycra, now a roadie???

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
LordOpie said:
... shifting the front rings... shifting quality...
True...

I only shift to {Middle} Ring at stop lights, Etc, but never the small during the commute. Only use the small ring occationally when on the mountains in SoCal.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
jacksonpt said:
took the bike out for a quick spin around campus. Only about 20 minutes, but damn this thing is fast. Can't wait to get more saddle time, and with the crappy weather forecast for the week, looks like the pavement and I will become pretty good friends.

Get some framesaver or linseed oil and treat the inside of the frame even if you aren't riding in the rain.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Jeez, you could at least let homeboy ride a couple times on the road before y'all start baggin' on him for getting a triple.

Although I do like the double a lot more :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
screw all y'all - I'd rather have a triple and be able to ride my bike up hills than a double and have to walk up. :wink: :grin:

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
screw all y'all - I'd rather have a triple and be able to ride my bike up hills than a double and have to walk up. :wink: :grin:
meh - screw them for less than that. :think:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I ride a triple to Jackson - I really don't see what all the friggin fuss is about. Ride what you like and what came on that sweet bike until something breaks or wears out. :thumb:

J

JRB

Echo said:
Jeez, you could at least let homeboy ride a couple times on the road before y'all start baggin' on him for getting a triple.

Although I do like the double a lot more :D
bah - any bike is a good bike. You wouldn't like the double if you did the infrequent trips to the mountains I took in the last quarter of 04. I am very glad to have compacts. I will even put a 25 or 27 back on the back next time I leave the little hills around here.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
I ride a triple to Jackson - I really don't see what all the friggin fuss is about. Ride what you like and what came on that sweet bike until something breaks or wears out. :thumb:
yep... It's not a big deal... just kind of a running joke between us out of shapers and them pro race nutjobs.