Quantcast

First BMX Suggestions

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
I'm looking at getting my first BMX ride, and am having a hard time figuring it all out. I want more of a race bike for track riding, and it needs to be an XL size. I was looking at the DK Legend at Danscomp, but they're all out and they won't be getting any more. The >$500 price tag would have been perfect and it had a pretty good spec as well. Any suggestions? I can't/don't want to spend too much money on this.

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
here and there, sometimes
I have a 2001 Huffy Enigma in like new condition, didn't ride it much, too light, but perfect for racing, light and stiff as hell. 3 piece tubular chromoly cranks, Alex double wall rims, built in chain tensioners. I am 6'2" and it fits me. The 2001 retailed for around $569 @ Dan's ($499 at the end of 2001), but the 2002 dropped to around $350 (not sure why, cuz I have a 2001). Yours for $225. let me know, sorry for spamming.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Originally posted by SVEN
I have a 2001 Huffy Enigma in like new condition, didn't ride it much, too light, but perfect for racing, light and stiff as hell. 3 piece tubular chromoly cranks, Alex double wall rims, built in chain tensioners. I am 6'2" and it fits me. The 2001 retailed for around $569 @ Dan's ($499 at the end of 2001), but the 2002 dropped to around $350 (not sure why, cuz I have a 2001). Yours for $225. let me know, sorry for spamming.
Thanks for the offer, but I want a cromoly frame. I was actually looking at the Huffy Tantrum which seems pretty nice. I don't really know anything about Huffy BMX bikes, so it's good to hear that they're at least OK.

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
If a complete is what you are looking at I would go with that DK but if you are putting the bike together yourself then there is nothing better than a Standard

nickisallen

Chimp
Aug 18, 2005
SVEN said:
im lookin 4 that same bike the huffy enigma 2001 do u av ne pics of it

if you;re looking for a larger frame, look into the "deuce deuce." i cant recall who makes it, but it is a reputable brand, and they just started producing it. ask any BMX shop and im sure they would know. 22" top tube, meant more for park/street riding, but something to consider nonetheless