Quantcast

First Day on a Bottlerocket, First Day DHing.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
yes. i agree.
yours is a medium, mine is a small. so the sketch factor is even higher up for me, think. i scared myself more then a few times at diablo - but at the same time it was my first time there, first time on a fully, and my brakes were wacky.
i just need to get comfy with stayin waaay back on the bike and keeping loose.
i'm running the large and it feels great on the dh trails at mammoth. a bit more wheel base might be nice in some spots, but it would make things feel worse in the corners.

i am kinda shocked at how much effort it takes to get the front end up. not that it takes tons, but more than i would have expected.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ah yes. that was a pretty bike at diablo. i think you got like 4 pieces of dirt on it too

leDude

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
For those of you who were wondering why there aren't any BRs w/ any forks other than Fox 36s

heres' my bottlerocket right after it was built up...its seen plenty of dirt since then :monkeydance:

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
my shoes have been rubbing paint off the stays. i may have a raw finish bike soon :)
hmm. perhaps those scratches on my stays are actualy rub marks? hmmm.

yesturday i took my BR out for a little crossNYC XC ride.
its been soooo long since i owned a bike on which i could raise the seat, crank it into an easy gear and just pedal sitting down. I LIKE.
cruising on this bike on the streets feels like its a motorcycle without the engine. too much fun. and now with maguras, 5mph to 0mph takes even less :brows:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
hmm. perhaps those scratches on my stays are actualy rub marks? hmmm.

yesturday i took my BR out for a little crossNYC XC ride.
its been soooo long since i owned a bike on which i could raise the seat, crank it into an easy gear and just pedal sitting down. I LIKE.
cruising on this bike on the streets feels like its a motorcycle without the engine. too much fun. and now with maguras, 5mph to 0mph takes even less :brows:
you know i did the same thing on mine through the streets of pgh and totally agree, i was riding with a guy on a commuter, and locked down the propedal...i think we did something like 17 miles of ROAD (with larson tires on) :disgust: ...

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
perhaps i'll throw some 2.1 tioga fs100s onto this puppy come winter time, and do loops at central and prospect parks :) maybe even throw a computer on - for some sweet sweet data.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Nice V. That got me stoked for the AM.
Did you guys see the updated TBC pink color ? Not my bag baby. But if you like pink bikes I can't see it getting much better.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
that is funny as hell because there are 2 areas at snowshoe that look identicle to that spot, big tree jump and a double jump step down on another trail...