Quantcast

First fall of the year

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Well I got my second ND ride in of the year today. It is awesome to be out of the cold and be able to ride again. I rode in Fruita last month though. Well anyway, I was riding most of the trail and thinking how out of shape I am and how much fun it is to be on the bike again. I am almost done with the trail when a tree jumped out and grabbed my handlebar. I went ass over tea kettle into some branches. I have a little scrape on my arm and one on my neck, no damage to the bike.

Summary: Went riding for second time. Hit tree. OTB. Couple scrapes.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I've been on 5 rides so far this year, and I'm already solid back & blue from the waist down. And to think....DH season hasn't even started yet!! It's gonna be a great year! :thumb:

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
McGRP01 said:
I've been on 5 rides so far this year, and I'm already solid back & blue from the waist down. And to think....DH season hasn't even started yet!! It's gonna be a great year! :thumb:

I agree. I've already been to one of the premier places in the world and hope to make another road trip this summer.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I pretty much fall everytime I get on my bike. or slip a pedal or smash something......

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
RideND said:
I have a little scrape on my arm and one on my neck, no damage to the bike.

Summary: Went riding for second time. Hit tree. OTB. Couple scrapes.

That looks like a curling iron burn...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
RideND said:
Flesh wound or not the point is I hit a tree. :mumble:
no offense but it must have been a small tree, or you got really lucky. last time i hit a tree i couldnt lift my shoulder for 3 months...
you sure you didnt cut yourself shaving???? :D

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
hooples3 said:
no offense but it must have been a small tree, or you got really lucky. last time i hit a tree i couldnt lift my shoulder for 3 months...
you sure you didnt cut yourself shaving???? :D
Well my bike hit the tree I flew off and hit some branches.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I hit a tree when I was like 13, I didnt ride a jump for about 6 months after that. I had no idea how to control my bike back then now I do though. All I remember was going black then waking up laying on the ground un-clipped. It was wierd.