Quantcast

First impressions - Push Industries Nomad Link

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
I'm not saying the link isn't a big improvement, I love PUSH stuff.

With that being said, it sounds to me like the plush small bump sensitivity and overall great feeling, could just be the result of switching from a RP23 to a coil shock?
No, PUSH said it changes the leverage curve... would like more details on how it is changed...

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The nomads are a strange bike for suspension. They won't work with a coil shock out of the box. I had an RC4, and I was lucky if I could get half the travel using a spring that was 150lbs lower than what was suggested.

I think the bike has a huge falling rate to start, and then gets progressive again in the last little bit. Its the reason the DHX air works so well here, in that it feels like the linkage makes up for the DHX airs lack of mid stroke compression, and then ramps it back up again at the end. With a coil, it was just too progressive, and the whole thing sucked. Hard.

The push linkage makes the bike work with a coil from what I understand by changing the leverage rate on the shock.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

With that being said, it sounds to me like the plush small bump sensitivity and overall great feeling, could just be the result of switching from a RP23 to a coil shock?
True.

The older (08 and older) Nomads were night and day once you throw a coil on.

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007

Try not to ask prying questions like that here. Guys like gemini2k will do sneaky neg reps on you even though they aren't posting in the tread.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
People really care about "rep" on an internet forum? That is just weird (and sad).

I care about riding my bike.
I agree- I don't think the rep system should even exist, but it is part of my account, just like private messages...

Congratulations for caring about riding.

kramster

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
Squamish
I see you're in OZ. Does Push have a local distributor over there?
Guess I should update my profile. Moved to Squamish 3 years ago and bought it from Push direct. It arrived in Squamish less than 24 hours later. Unbelievable service.

Not exactly. I already had an RC4 on mine. The difference is considerable and a major improvement. I highly recommend the link and feel that it is one of the best performance upgrades I've done to a bike for $200.