Quantcast

First Race, Second Place :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
These last two days were quite possibly the best two of this semseter!

I went to my first DH race, practiced all day Friday, and then partied at a fellow :monkey:'s house (Thanks again BANCHE for letting me stay) and had the race today.

There were a few mishaps, like me flatting twice and eating it hard coming off a fireroad back onto the course, but besides that it was great, plus, I dont let stuff like that get me down.

Instead of taking a knife to my tire like I felt like doing, I just put 50lbs of pressure in that biatch :D

My final practice run, which was the only one I got in today because of the flat, was flawless. I was riding at about 80%, and I cleaned everything perfectly. When it got to my race run, I stepped it up a notch, and still cleaned all the technical stuff :thumb: I did however get a little squirrley about halfway down, and got my right hand into a tree. I dabbed my foot, and got off the seat a bit, but kept going. right at the end of the course, there is a big rock garden, and as you are coming into it, there is a tree right in the center of the course spray painted orange. I didnt hit the tree in any of my practice runs, but I managed to bounce off somthing right into the tree in my race run :) I got knocked off, but got right back up and "monster trucked' it through the rock garden and pedaled my ass off through the finish.

All in all, it was an awesome experiance! Cool people, cool course, cool EVERYTHING! I was not expecting to place at all, and didnt care if I did or not. Its cool that I did, but its still only beginner class :)

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Was this at big bear? It was fun huh? I didn't race so only got to ride log chute. Wasn't too bad. Turns out I'm not as slow as I thought I was.

Karpieldisco

Chimp
Mar 24, 2002
Abingdon, MD
Originally posted by BigMike
These last two days were quite possibly the best two of this semseter!

I went to my first DH race, practiced all day Friday, and then partied at a fellow :monkey:'s house (Thanks again BANCHE for letting me stay) and had the race today.

There were a few mishaps, like me flatting twice and eating it hard coming off a fireroad back onto the course, but besides that it was great, plus, I dont let stuff like that get me down.

Instead of taking a knife to my tire like I felt like doing, I just put 50lbs of pressure in that biatch :D

My final practice run, which was the only one I got in today because of the flat, was flawless. I was riding at about 80%, and I cleaned everything perfectly. When it got to my race run, I stepped it up a notch, and still cleaned all the technical stuff :thumb: I did however get a little squirrley about halfway down, and got my right hand into a tree. I dabbed my foot, and got off the seat a bit, but kept going. right at the end of the course, there is a big rock garden, and as you are coming into it, there is a tree right in the center of the course spray painted orange. I didnt hit the tree in any of my practice runs, but I managed to bounce off somthing right into the tree in my race run :) I got knocked off, but got right back up and "monster trucked' it through the rock garden and pedaled my ass off through the finish.

All in all, it was an awesome experiance! Cool people, cool course, cool EVERYTHING! I was not expecting to place at all, and didnt care if I did or not. Its cool that I did, but its still only beginner class :)
You must have been in Massanutten, VA.. IT was agreat time.. It is a great course. Yeah- the right hander after the fire road was a bit "drifty" It was hard to keep the bike going where you needed it to go..

Glad you had a good time.. Where are you located?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Karpieldisco
You must have been in Massanutten, VA.. IT was agreat time.. It is a great course. Yeah- the right hander after the fire road was a bit "drifty" It was hard to keep the bike going where you needed it to go..

Glad you had a good time.. Where are you located?
I go to School in Richmond, and am from Northern VA.

I was just going to respond to the other thread and tell you to look at this one, but it seems as you already did :blah: