Quantcast

First singletrack!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well, he's definitely starting earlier than I did. Got out of work early-ish today and rode home as fast as I could. Loaded up the van with my bike and the wee bike and headed out to the local state park (about 8 miles away).

Boy ready to go:

Boy and dad ready to go:

Ready to ride the sweet singletrack:

The location wasn't too shabby:

Off to the races!

Cruisin' along in an open area:

Cruisin' along the river:

He just turned five a month ago and ditched the training wheels less than a week ago. He's jazzed about riding over roots and other "bumpy" things.

The kid's got style. I have no idea where he got it from....... must be his mum.

After the 4-mile singletrack excursion we loaded back in the van and boy and dad stopped by the local Mexican establishment for enchiladas and margaritas. Well, he had milk. :)

May have been the greatest 4-mile singletrack ride of my life.

He wants to go back. :thumb: :love: :love:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
That's awesome!! :thumb: My daughter turned 5 in April and we just took her trainign wheels off as well. Hopefully I'll have her up and cruising the wood with me soon as well!! :)

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Excellent! What state park did you end up going to?

Your boy needs a bigger bike! I'm sure we can find a 16 inch wheeled bike and stuff a 4 inch travel fork on there somewhere!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Ascentrek said:
Excellent! What state park did you end up going to?
Chatfield. There's some nice singletrack along the river that goes up to the Waterton Canyon area.

Your boy needs a bigger bike! I'm sure we can find a 16 inch wheeled bike and stuff a 4 inch travel fork on there somewhere!
Wife got him a 20" at a garage sale. No suspension, though, at least for a few years. He doesn't need the useless weight of a $hitty fork at this point. :D

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Chatfield. There's some nice singletrack along the river that goes up to the Waterton Canyon area.

Wife got him a 20" at a garage sale. No suspension, though, at least for a few years. He doesn't need the useless weight of a $hitty fork at this point. :D
Good point. Suspension is for whinners!

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
thats sick you got him going so young!!
you got a 5 year old to ride 4 miles? damn, i still complain at 15 if its not downhill..
you got a good kid, and i hope when i have kids, if a girl will marry me, ahaha, they ride as soon as your kid

he definately has a future in biking, and good luck to him, and the father who's son will buy him a nice house in Reno someday!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
habitatxskate said:
thats sick you got him going so young!!
you got a 5 year old to ride 4 miles? damn,
He wanted to go further but I had to turn him around - it was past his dinner time and I didn't want him bonking halfway back. :D Next time - we do 8 miles.
i still complain at 15 if its not downhill..
Damn spoiled youngsters nowadays. :D

he definately has a future in biking, and good luck to him, and the father who's son will buy him a nice house in Reno someday!
Reno? :confused: He better buy me a nice pad in either Steamboat or Silverton. :thumb: