Quantcast

First Test Ride: 2007 Demo 7 - Riding Impressions From NSMB.com

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
If I were to ride a new Demo it'd definately be the 7. I like the geo better than on the 8.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
In the catalog, it said the 7 has slightly longer CS, a lower BB, a 1 degree steeper HA, and I think a slightly longer TT.

Ridge Rider

Chimp
Nov 11, 2005
The test rider is raving about the square edge hit capability. They are using an almost linear rate on this bike vs the previous and more standard rising rate. Or is there also something going on inside the shock that we don't know about?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Aw, what happened to the matching brown seat and grips?

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the way the bike looks, but if it rides nice, who cares? If I had one, I'd probably even leave the stickers on, mainly because everyone else is going ot be scrambling to take them off.

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
Did anyone else find the article basically useless? Aside from the photos of the bike, and the fact that the reviewer liked it better than the Demo 8 or SX trail, there wasn't really anything in the article to absorb. NSMB usually has good articles and reviews. I hope this isn't a trend.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Yeah - I felt the same way. It's a preliminary test so I guess more is coming.

Basically the article didn't say anyting new that we didn't know.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
With the same pivot position as the previous demos?
Doubt it.
The pivot location is only part of the equation. The fact that the shock is now oriented differently and some of the linkage has been changed (e.g. shortened), square-edged hits are now handled with more efficiency.

I've spoken with Brandon about this prior to the first production run, and he basically said the same thing to me.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Other than the HA, I think the geo actually looks less DH oriented. Even shorter stays? I'm thinking that, combined with the already rearward position on the bike, will make it a bit weird feeling. I still wanna ride one, though.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Other than the HA, I think the geo actually looks less DH oriented. Even shorter stays? I'm thinking that, combined with the already rearward position on the bike, will make it a bit weird feeling. I still wanna ride one, though.
Heh - I started to talk about the Demo 8 in my previous post but corrected myself - this is the Demo 7 we are talking about here...

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
The pivot location is only part of the equation. The fact that the shock is now oriented differently and some of the linkage has been changed (e.g. shortened), square-edged hits are now handled with more efficiency.

I've spoken with Brandon about this prior to the first production run, and he basically said the same thing to me.
Shortening the upper link will do nothing to change the wheelpath, and the shock rate is also slightly more linear...

The Specialized marketing machine rolls on.