Quantcast

@@@First this, then that gmt@@@

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
PSA: check factory installed fittings on tanks unless you want your water supply and 220 volt supply having a party. Breaker never tripped despite leads being fully submerged, wire nuts and electrical tape did their job.

fuck you, Rheem.
IMG_20210322_115753880_resize_20.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fox did me a solid and sent me a whole box of DHX rebuild/service kits and some new Fox fluid packs. They sent me a cool pick and some plastic vise clamp things also. Worked like a champ. Nice folks them Fox people.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
What kinda 3rd world nation do you live in? :confused:
a city of 90K That is just starting to get Fiberoptics (unless you are inside the perimeter of Lawrence Livermore lab where they have the best toys that the government can buy). Our neighborhood has underground utilities that were laid in 1977.

I could get fast cable for a couple of hundred a month that comes with contracts and sort of defeats the whole thing of cutting most of the cord

This is around $50/month

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
a city of 90K That is just starting to get Fiberoptics (unless you are inside the perimeter of Lawrence Livermore lab where they have the best toys that the government can buy). Our neighborhood has underground utilities that were laid in 1977.

I could get fast cable for a couple of hundred a month that comes with contracts and sort of defeats the whole thing of cutting most of the cord

This is around $50/month
Just out of curiosity - how many providers do you have available 'round there? We pretty much only have two here - Comcast and Centurylink. :mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

This is around $50/month
I was spoiled in college. Our campus had dual oc3 connections. One for academic side, one for residential side.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

This is around $50/month
*Now actually thankful for Fios service*

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
To be fair it is pretty variable. Out at my office I get more like 120/30, but in town it can be blazing.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Capture.PNG

New work from home test machine, set up at my house. This is connected via WiFi to a wireless router a floor below (802.11ax new hotness, 2402 Mbps link speed), and via my work VPN.

:notbadobama:

That'll suffice.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
still won't make you faster on the peloton

This is going to be tremendous for quality of life, to get my work done with all of the efficiency of a setup at work (better hardware and real life network speed, even) and still be able to step away to help with kids, mealtimes, etc.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

This is going to be tremendous for quality of life, to get my work done with all of the efficiency of a setup at work (better hardware and real life network speed, even) and still be able to step away to help with kids, mealtimes, etc.
YoUr MoNiToRs ArE tHe WrOnG wAy

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just remember, 50% of the time he's using that display configuration to view images of random men he's never met.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Working late, such is the IT life with quiet period maintenance window...