Quantcast

First week of weights

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by DHRacer
I know, last winter I think I over trained and kind of got lathargic about is mid Feb.
One thing I've read lately too was that every 5 to 6 weeks... in addition to changing up your routine it's good to take a week completely off too so I and goign to try that every 8 weeks to take a week off and try to keep it all fresh and fun.
One thing I did last winter that I am NOT doing this winter is training every day. I would do upper body MWF and lower TTH... This time I am going only MWF doing fewer excercises (per body part) and doing upper and lower and cardio. Like I said I over did it last winter and am not going to make the same mistake again.
Thanks for the support, I will think of that when I drag my sorry butt to the squat rack... some where out there, some one is suffering just like me:D
good luck... I am planning on going to sea otter, so that will be my first hard expert race... so that's my target date to be ready... are you going?
I actually read to divide your workout into 4 week segments and during that 4th week to lay off a little before you then jump into the next 4 week segment...same concept.

I am still trying to decide if I want to do Sea Otter, there are so many damn people on the course when you race XC! Each age category is limited to like 200 riders, that's a lot of people to battle with, not sure I wanna do that. Right now, yes I am going, it will be my expert debut.:D