Quantcast

Fit 24 Vs. Sunday 24

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Which of these two can take a beating?

are the Fit 24's and Sunday 24's meant to be used as "BMX" bikes/Skatepark Bikes etc?

Fit

Sunday

Def in the market for a 24 BMX bike so i can train my Street skills, i feel the 20's are a bit too small for me...

Ideas... I plan on just cruising, doing a few bunny hops, and maybe hitting a skatepark or two, not to mention the BK banks etc... :-)

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
sunday all the way. just buy a 20 though. how tall are you? no reason you shouldn't be able to ride a 20 unless you have back problems or the likes. get a 21.5 or 22 toptube if it's that bad. but if it really means a lot to you, get a sunday over the fit any day

clayton_omer

Chimp
Dec 4, 2008
sunday is def the better bike of the two but with that build up it looks to be rather expensive, for the riding you are talking about either bike will handle just fine but the cost vs ride time/abuse may pay out to get the fit in the long run

my 2cents

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
i'm feeling sunday more. sunday is not available yet though so if its something you wanna ride now, i guess the fit will hold you over.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
just adding to the consensus here... On Any Sunday!

motostyle foo.
...and seemingly better geo. Probably only going to be available as Frame/Fork/Bar combo, and $$

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Probably only going to be available as Frame/Fork/Bar combo, and $$
Yeah i'm opting for the FIT right now because i don't think i can justify another bike to my wife... especially in these hard times... Let me see what i got that i can sell ... lol

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
i'm just saying that the sunday is a better bike. you'll probably end up spending more replacing parts on the fit, a lot of those parts are subpar

brianTX

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Austin, TX
Get a sunday and put 22" wheels on it. Then the bottom bracket will be at the right height. :D
The bike in question is being developed/tweaked/tested by an amazing group of BMX riders who run a successful BMX company, and yet a bunch of dudes on a MOUNTAIN BIKE website are convinced those dudes have no idea what they are doing. Why not let them do their thing and withhold juddement until someone actually rides one?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
The bike in question is being developed/tweaked/tested by an amazing group of BMX riders who run a successful BMX company, and yet a bunch of dudes on a MOUNTAIN BIKE website are convinced those dudes have no idea what they are doing. Why not let them do their thing and withhold juddement until someone actually rides one?
huh. jim c was asking around for advise and he got it, lots of it in fact. why wouldn't you listen to people who primarily ride this type of geo? good thing JC is running sunday and not you.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I don't care who designed it, the freakin' bottom bracket on the proto was VERY HIGH.
Almost like they simply took a 20" frame and stuck longer stays on it, and called it good.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I don't care who designed it, the freakin' bottom bracket on the proto was VERY HIGH.
Almost like they simply took a 20" frame and stuck longer stays on it, and called it good.

Some could say the chainstay length is a little long, and this higher BB height would help offset that, keeping the feeling of the bike more on its' toes, but still having a longer wheelbase....

This is another step in blurring those nasty lines between "mtb" and "bmx", input should be given from all "sides", if you want to call them that.

brianTX

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Austin, TX
huh. jim c was asking around for advise and he got it, lots of it in fact. why wouldn't you listen to people who primarily ride this type of geo? good thing JC is running sunday and not you.
His latest post makes it sound like he put alot more stock in his own experiences from actually riding the thing than whatever advice he got on the website. According to his own post, he says its set up well for doing alot of tricks he does on a 20". My point is - why not wait until some more people have ridden it before labeling it as a failure or fundamentally flawed in some way.

I understand everyone has their own preferences on geometry, but to imply that Sunday has no idea what its doing is short-sighted. Taking a radically different approach like this may lead to just the type of bike that taller/older bmx riders are looking for - a bike that truely rides like a 20". I, for one, am stoked to follow the developments.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
This is another step in blurring those nasty lines between "mtb" and "bmx", input should be given from all "sides", if you want to call them that.
Agreed... It's great to see another option out there, and hopefully there will be more and more options if they catch on.