Quantcast

fitting a 5th

I'm thinking of getting the new kit from the article in the latest Decline that removes the SPV and makes it less crappy. It's also a 1/4 inch longer and will give just a bit more travel, which will come in handy, as I want to make this bike a 'do it all' kind of bike. Ride my local trails and do some of the local DH races. Just swap the shock so I have a better 'suited' shock (ie a coil-over) and don't waste my DHX. If I blow the 5th, I won't be as upset as if I blow the DHX.

Get it now?

I want it as a 'reserve' kind of thing.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
I'm thinking of getting the new kit from the article in the latest Decline that removes the SPV and makes it less crappy. It's also a 1/4 inch longer and will give just a bit more travel, which will come in handy, as I want to make this bike a 'do it all' kind of bike. Ride my local trails and do some of the local DH races. Just swap the shock so I have a better 'suited' shock (ie a coil-over) and don't waste my DHX. If I blow the 5th, I won't be as upset as if I blow the DHX.

Get it now?
No, I don't get it because it doesn't make sense. Waste your DHX? The only waste of a good shock is not using it.