Quantcast

Fitting grimeca brakes to a sherman

Mar 1, 2004
Montreal Area
Hi guys...

I want to get some grimeca system 12 brakes off a friend and put them on my sherman. Now, I found the post-mount adaptor on the grimeca site, but, it has to be used with a 7" rotor.... I want to use an 8"...

So, question is, is there some adaptor out there to fit a 8" with a grimeca brake system on a Manitou Sherman (74mm post-mount) ?

If there is, could you supply me a link or a name or something like who makes it or whatever ?

Thanks ! :)

Mar 1, 2004
Montreal Area
Actualy, shimano has the same adapter as grimeca

you can get 8" rotors on no problem with any mounting system, except the manitou post-mounts, where it only works with a 185mm rotor.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
What about heavily modifying a hayes adaptor and running it backward (ie post mount to IS to caliper rather than IS to post mount to caliper.) You'd have to ream out the threaded holes and thread the plain holes then use oversized fasteners... Even after all that work it might not line up right.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
NO! shimano doesnt have the same adaptor, i have both and they are diff. ill sell u the shimano one fer 10 bucks if u want though, its brand new. But remember to space out the rotar with the bolts provided. These brakes are hard to set up, but well worth it.