Quantcast

five ten... lets see the 07 line

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
hey jvn - you know the release date on the impact2's?

need a new pair of shoes and trying to decide if i can hold out for the purdy new ones..

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
The FiveTen impact II's are going to look almost exactly like the black leather ones with the white trim on jvnixon's Sicklines.com

In addition there will be 2 "Special Editions":

One will be the Sam Hill low-top, and the other will be the Nathan Rennine high-top. These will also look almost exactly like the ones from Interbike on Sicklines.com

Pretty cool. No word yet on the armored toe-box, but last I heard, they were talking about making one, and I REALLY hope they do.

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
I can't see how steel toe caps are going to be a good idea. Surely that would just mean your foot will slide forward inside the shoe and guarantee you'll stub your toe on something hard!!??

I can't see how steel toe caps are going to be a good idea. Surely that would just mean your foot will slide forward inside the shoe and guarantee you'll stub your toe on something hard!!??
Same idea as having metal caps on moto boots. Sure your toes might slide forward into the front of the shoe, but thats a lot better then breaking or smashing them when they slam a rock or something.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I've got a pair of Adidas Hematoma clipless MTB shoes that saved my lil' piggies from mass destruction after washing out a corner at speed while going over some rocks.

If I was wearing any other shoe, my big toe would've gotten broken while travelling head-on into a rock. The armored toe-box those things have are invaluable - hopefully this will translate into a pair of 5.10's soon...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Come to SB and ride the trails. Many sections are narrow and have rocks that are easy to hit with your toes. I use some Vans that grip amazingly, but a steel toe box would be nice.