Quantcast

five year wedding anniversary, what to get?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
yep, it's been five years.

any suggestions for what i should do/get?
I suck at this kind of stuff......

Cursor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
can't find on mapquest
congrats....i guess :D
my 5 yr anniversary was last saturday. but this year we agreed that we were going to combine our birthdays and anniversary present with a 7 day cruise in sept. :rolleyes: so i just got her a card and flowers.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
ts a little known fact that the 5 year anniversary is the Bratwurst anniversary. Grill some brats for your spouse to celebrate the love. I also suggest some soothing, romantic Iron Maiden to make a perfect evening ;)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
SkaredShtles said:
Good God, man. This one's easy. All-night nookie session. Although come to think of it, she'll probably think it's a present to yourself. :think: :D

-S.S.-

yea, that one won't fly with her..... :rolleyes: :think:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Well then, Mr. Smartypants - can you tell me how in the *HELL* my wife got pregnant AGAIN? :think: :D

-S.S.-
Touche :D

pnj, have more confidence in what you know about her. A bunch of strangers who don't know either of you aren't going to be able to help much. Take a half hour, sit down, and make a list of what you know about her. Go from there.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I'm working on year nine...I can't even remember what I got her. We usually try not to buy expensive gifts for our anniversary. We usually go to an expensive place to eat or something like that. You know something we normally wouldn't do. One year we went to a Bed and Breakfast that was a couple of hours away just to get a way for a week end. Although ever since we had kids, it's a little harder to do things like that. This pasted year we did nothing, because we had a six month old.

Something else to remember is don't go too big...because you'll have to top it next year.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
TN said:
make her some of that twisted metal art. that $hit is cool & one of a kind.
she doesn't like my stuff anymore. i do too much of it I think....

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
SkaredShtles said:
<snrrrrrrrk>

Dude - what's with that attachment?? Almost spit my coffee all over my monitor........ :D

-S.S.-
it looks like 2 guys going at it i seriously hope that is not what he is doing for his present.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
SkaredShtles said:
<snrrrrrrrk>

Dude - what's with that attachment?? Almost spit my coffee all over my monitor........ :D

-S.S.-
Man dont you love when that happens, i swear it happens to me me all the time at work on this board, must reading along the its like whooooooaaaaaaa, that was funny...i love the attachment hahha

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
SkaredShtles said:
This better have been coupled with all-night-sex.......... :think: :D

-S.S.-
Dude...I hear ya. I was like a B and B...I don't know.
But I found this one that was pretty cool. It was on a bunch of acreage, each room had a private hot tub on their patio's, fire places in each room. It was a perfect setup. We got married in the winter, so the first night we jump in the hot tub, and it's snowing. Let's just say I was a happy man that weekend. I also was freaking amazed with the breakfast's. I didn't even need lunch. Some of the best stuff I had eaten.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Gift certificates for massages and such?

A weekend at a spa/resort/body place?

A babysitter? (especially good if you have kids)

A hotel room for the night? (especially good if you have kids)

A weekend away? (especially good if you have kids)

A week(end) where ever you went on your honeymoon?

FWIW... my 5 year is in about 3 weeks. The Mrs. and I are going back to the Cayman Islands (where we took our honeymoon).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jacksonpt said:
<snip>

A week(end) where ever you went on your honeymoon?

FWIW... my 5 year is in about 3 weeks. The Mrs. and I are going back to the Cayman Islands (where we took our honeymoon).
Dammit. That's a good idea. I think I need to start thinking about booking tickets to Italy for next Spring......... :D

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bigginsis said:
i bought my old man a new ipod for our 6 year coming up this weekend...if you order from apple right now they are doing laser engraving - his has a quote from the simpsons on it.
Wow you're back!!!