Quantcast

fiveten shoes.. quick size question

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
hey guys im gettin a pair of fivetens off pricepoint and my foot is exactly 11 inches not my shoe size but my exact foot length, i have 2 pairs of skate shoes(different companies) one is size 11.5" and the other is 11" and they are both exactly the same size so im kinda stuck on which to get for fiveten if my foot is 11 inches, thanks guys!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
5.10's run true to size according to Zappo's and based on that info I bought size 11.5's which is what I measure and sure enough it is a perfect fit. If your common shoe size is 11 then I would go with 11's.

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
so your exact foot length is 11.5 inches?and you where a 11.5 fiveten? like measuring your foot with a measuring tape (not by shoe size)

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
xemini said:
so your exact foot length is 11.5 inches?and you where a 11.5 fiveten? like measuring your foot with a measuring tape (not by shoe size)
I go by those devices they use in shoe stores, so if that measurement is the same as a ruler measurement then my exact foot length is 11.5". Unfortunately I don't have a ruler on me, only my 6" Mitutoyo calipers :)

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Actually they run fairly large. Pretty much everyone has bumped down a half size on them. Of course you would know this if you went to a bike shop and tried them on instead of killing the bike industry by shopping from pricepoint.

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
well ya i would but considering theres no stores around here that sell fivetens, i have no other choice really..

RITFreeRider

Monkey
Sep 10, 2003
In a Boulderado state of mind
xemini said:
well ya i would but considering theres no stores around here that sell fivetens, i have no other choice really..
Here's a thought, buy a couple sizes try them on in you're home and send back the ones that don't fit. If you order from zappos or mountain gear they will have no problem taking them back. This is how I fit all my $400+ mountaineering boots.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
xemini said:

Fair enough. Anyway yeah I would go a half size down from what you usually wear. Ive been wearing 10.5's for years, and the fiveten 10.5s were too big. There were actaully about three people from the shop that ordered 10.5s and ended up getting 10s.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
opposite for me. I tried on 11 (my usual size) and ended up having to order 11.5 because they were out of the high impacts in 11.5.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
True to size for me. I usually wear a size 12 in a shoe, and ordered a pair of high and low tops in 12 and they fit great. I might have gotten away with 11.5, however it would have been a much more snug.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Duzitall said:
opposite for me. I tried on 11 (my usual size) and ended up having to order 11.5 because they were out of the high impacts in 11.5.
I would like to take my size 11.5 foot out of my mouth er...post. They are true to size because I just looked at every pair of shoes I have and they are all 11.5 same as the 5-10's I just ordered from the LBS.

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
well can someone take the measurement of there foot with a measuring tape and then tell me how many inches ur foot measures and what size your fivetens are, then i would have a good idea of what size to get, please n thank u