Quantcast

Floor Pump

OK, I'm not here to "discuss the latest in mountain biking technology" but I do have a question regarding what brand floor pump is recommended by 9 out of 10 monkeys. I'm finally breaking down and buying my own. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've stuck with Blackburn. I bought one from Performance way back in the day, and when it broke a year or two later, they replaced it for free with the new Blackburn. Rinse, wash, repeat, and now I'm on maybe my 4th?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Orven
blackburn [...] no-question-ask-lifetime-warranty
Nice timing, and nice pics in your "Faces" thread. Did Lucee ask to be blued-out? :D

balfa-dude

Chimp
Feb 24, 2002
Montreal, PQ
I use a Silca Super Pista floor pump. Changed the head though...got a head which will allow me to pump presta or schraeder.

Has lasted about 5 years with no problems.

Karpieldisco

Chimp
Mar 24, 2002
Abingdon, MD
MINE IS SILVER WITH BUILT IN GUAGE, SMART HEAD AND ALUM. BODY. METAL BODY IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE PLACTIC. OVER TIME PLASTIC TENDS TO ALLOW AIR TO SEAP. . IF YOU ARE TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN TWO LOOK AT THE CONSTRUCTION AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO BUY A MORE EXPNSIVE PUMP. I HAD A $25.00 PUMT THAT I BLEW OUT IN A YEAR. HOWEVER TEH JOE BLOW IS STILL GOING. BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR DECISION