Quantcast

FLY Guides

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I want to run a 22T and 36T ring. What is the best guide for my FLY? What does everyone use and any pics?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by Kanter
I want to run a 22T and 36T ring. What is the best guide for my FLY? What does everyone use and any pics?
'

I have set up quite a few DRS guides on Flys and they work very well together. The fly comes with a 118 spindle if I remember correctly, thats what was on the ones that I installed.

Hope this helps!

Dave

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I ran a 22-36 on my Bullit. Worked surprisingly well, actually. I didn't find that it needed any more coaxing to get onto the gear. I was using a Shimano 36T ring. Check out a QBP catalog.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Originally posted by dw
'

I have set up quite a few DRS guides on Flys and they work very well together. The fly comes with a 118 spindle if I remember correctly, thats what was on the ones that I installed.

Hope this helps!

Dave
DW, if I recall correctly some of the problems that the DRS had with fitting on the FLY was the fact that they have tabs made for the MRP guide which inhibits a good fit for the DRS on the end. Doesn't it interfere with the DRS installation? Some of the monkeys said that they had to mill some of the roller arm away to fit, so I decided to wait and see if a retrofitted roller arm would be manufactured by you guys. I still have the evil bash guard and would really like to install the DRS on my Fly.