Quantcast

~~~F'n Monday Morning already~~~

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Good morning monkeys! This weekend was all I'd expected and I'm completely wiped out this morning which is just right. I had a great time riding with all the NY monkeys that met us at Yokun Ridge (see ride reports for that one) and the cookout yesterday was a blast (Volunteer appreciation thread in ride reports). My legs were jello by the end of the ride yesterday but it's all worth it.

Where's the regular GM thread though? Slackers!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
F'n Monday indeed, but at least it's just a three day work week! It's going to be a 15-16 hour day for me today which sucks, but you do what you gotta do.

MBC and I skied Saturday...the earliest in the season we've ever skied. The snow was surprsingly nice. We got bored after a couple hours though due to limited trails. We came home early Sunday and picked up this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/mtbbaboon/IMG_0303.jpg

Of course, I fell asleep in front of it and missed the entire Patriots game. :rolleyes:

:monkeydance:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
F'n Monday indeed, but at least it's just a three day work week! It's going to be a 15-16 hour day for me today which sucks, but you do what you gotta do.

MBC and I skied Saturday...the earliest in the season we've ever skied. The snow was surprsingly nice. We got bored after a couple hours though due to limited trails. We came home early Sunday and picked up this:

Of course, I fell asleep in front of it and missed the entire Patriots game. :rolleyes:

nice, plasma or lcd?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Great weekend. Rode in a new place in the mountains on Friday which turned out to be pretty cool (Brown Mountain ORV Park). Then went and saw a Christmas tree lighting with Willow. She was pretty excited to see Santa but she wasn't ready to tell him what she wants yet.

Saturday hard ride at Catawba and then lots of watching college football. Sunday did the leaves and watched the Panthers continue to suck.

Supposed to be in the high 60s low 70s all week so hope to get in a bunch of riding.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin y'all.

Snow plows and salt trucks were out this morning, so my roadie is officially on the trainer for the winter. Spun this morning for about 45 minutes to American History X. Hadn't seen it before - pretty intense movie. Edward Norton can do no wrong.

Tried to swim after spinning and was lucky not to drown... going to have to work on that.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Yeah.....sorry I couldn't get to the computer any sooner this morning, but it's Monday, and I've been on vacation for the last 4 days, so it's always a madhouse to come back to. Seems like this morning is when several pieces of equipment decided to have their issues...I've been running around like Schnieder form "One Day at a Time" with my toolbelt and my wisecracks to Mrs. Romano up in apartment 4-B.

The beach was great....too many stories to mention, and not many I could tell. The fishing was pretty good, and we caught enough to keep us fed every night, so that was pretty cool. The weather was pretty snotty on Thursday, but by Sat. we were back near 70 degrees and nice Southwest breeze made it feel even warmer.

Hope veryone had a great weekend!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Decent weekend. Did yet more sh*t around the house. Played with the kids. Spent a couple hours on the trainer. Drank some beers. That is all.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
How quickly does fitness fade? Pretty damn quickly! Working in backwards order, did an XC ride late Sunday on the old 35 lb ss- felt like poop until the end....literally felt like my brakes were dragging! Sunday AM was filled with a coole bagel brunch at my house and troubleshooting a friends external BB on his Lemond Road bike. Sat = cleaning up, shoppin' up, babyin' up and drinking a few brews.

Any local NY monkeys want to ride on Black Friday? SMBA? Grafton? I have a tradition of riding every black Friday with my buds in LI (even once got chased out of a decommissioned nuclear plant's property in Shoreham, now that was a black friday ride to remember!). We're actually home this year for once, so I'd like to keep the tradition alive.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode on a duo team in an 18 hour race this weekend. It was cold. I hydrated strictly on coffee and hot chocolate. I am very tired.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Mondays suck. I slept like absolute crap last night so I'm somewhat short fused today. Nobody is in class today after leaving early for thanksgiving break so everything is pretty much sign in and leave. What crap.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Busted a few spokes on my rear wheel Saturdays ride. Hoping that I can get them replaced without replacing all the spokes. 32 spokes at almost $3 per = :dead:

Looking forward to this short week.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Nice new TV you've got there. We love ours. So, do you have HD? It's well worth the $ IMHO.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
How quickly does fitness fade? Pretty damn quickly! Working in backwards order, did an XC ride late Sunday on the old 35 lb ss- felt like poop until the end....literally felt like my brakes were dragging! Sunday AM was filled with a coole bagel brunch at my house and troubleshooting a friends external BB on his Lemond Road bike. Sat = cleaning up, shoppin' up, babyin' up and drinking a few brews.

Any local NY monkeys want to ride on Black Friday? SMBA? Grafton? I have a tradition of riding every black Friday with my buds in LI (even once got chased out of a decommissioned nuclear plant's property in Shoreham, now that was a black friday ride to remember!). We're actually home this year for once, so I'd like to keep the tradition alive.
We might be up for SMBA....let me check with Sq-Earl and get back to you.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all. Nice weekend for me. Friday my mom was over to spend the night so we made dinner together and had a few drinks before bed. We managed to get some cleaning done in the basement and re-arranged Syd's play area so we could all have fun over Thanksgiving (darts, RC cars, working out, sitting at the bar and still have her play area). Saturday was a good ride at Yukon ridge with a few monkeys...I would highly recommend checking out the ride report. Yesterday was house cleaning, grocery shopping and playing with Syd.

WOOT -- 2 day work week for me!!!!

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
I hate Mondays.

Spend a weekend in New Orleans, go see Tool, ride my old home trail, drink everything in sight, watch little acid freaks have seizures from the drugs, and now I am back in my little cubicle from hell.

Maybe its time to start going the Tyler Durden route and sending out haikous with the specific intent of being confrontational...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - lots of hockey over the weekend and a short mountain bike ride yesterday on Liam's bike (shhhhh......don't tell him).

I picked up a Titanium Syncros seatpost from a local guy the other day (weird size 27.4mm) and it actually fits in the Soul Titan. I definitely noticed a difference with it on that stiff AL framed hardtail. Pretty cool that it fit. :thumb:

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Good morning. Big throw down on Saturday for my birthday. I could not have possibly felt any worse yesterday than I did. As a matter of fact, I'm still not sure I feel better. :dead:

Perhaps moderation is something I will strongly consider in the future.:poster_oops:

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Good weekend.... trail work on Saturday and then football and dinner at the in-laws yesterday.

And today is my Friday. I would have taken the whole week, but there is a meeting today I couldn't get out of.

TheMauler

Monkey
Sep 20, 2007
Morning Monkeys,

had a good weekend friday i picked up my stuff from a buddy so im stoked on that, got some superbomb earwax and kief, headed to la friday caught beowulf at the imax, got back in town went to my buddys drank a bunch woke up sat chilled watched NWD 8 premier that movie aside from most of the music was legit. sunday didnt do much laid low got super lit up and now im glad that all i have is a 3 day

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
raked some leaves into a massive pile for some football / leaf pile fun w/ the boys and a friend of theirs.

went to see Om, Grails and Jack Rose last night. sold out show, thanks to Jack for hooking me up w/ his last list spot. loud. stoner. rock.

chris (Om drummer) is liking Vulcan banging metal in the furnace of hell.

Al was wigging out at the end, after i left. 1AM show end times are killers, esp factoring in the 45 min drive.

might be shooting Springsteen tonight...fingers crossed.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
At the Fleet Center? My neighbor and some friends are making the drive out for the show. I unfortunately could not afford to join them... :disgust:
yeah, but now it's TD BankNorth or some such.

i will know in the next few hours...let's hope! :monkeydance:

though if that falls through, i've got Spiritualized lined up.