Quantcast

F'n worthless non-precription drugs

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
So I get this head cold from my daughter, runny nose & sore throat etc. Didn't take anything before I left for work. At lunch stop by my parents house and decide to raid the medicine cabinet. So there is some Benadryl, look at the package and it lists the symtoms it relieves but does say MAY cause drowsyness. Ok fair enough, I figure since I'm blowing my nose every 2 minuites I'd take it. Well my throat is still sore and I still have snot running out my nose:mad: :mad: But now I'm a flippen zombie:dead: :dead: So I think drug manufactures need to list the facts...........................WILL CAUSE DROWSIENESS and may actually relieve a symtom or two, but probably not.

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
That crap that you mix in hot water actualy works for me... But it does cause ya to get a little sleepy. O.k. if'n its nite time but kind of a drag in the day.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
So I get this head cold from my daughter, runny nose & sore throat etc. Didn't take anything before I left for work. At lunch stop by my parents house and decide to raid the medicine cabinet. So there is some Benadryl, look at the package and it lists the symtoms it relieves but does say MAY cause drowsyness. Ok fair enough, I figure since I'm blowing my nose every 2 minuites I'd take it. Well my throat is still sore and I still have snot running out my nose:mad: :mad: But now I'm a flippen zombie:dead: :dead: So I think drug manufactures need to list the facts...........................WILL CAUSE DROWSIENESS and may actually relieve a symtom or two, but probably not.
any tool knows that benadryl knocks you on your ass...don't expect the crappy drugged out feeling to go away today either...you'll feel like crap tomorrow too...tool!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
If you're feeling sick and NEED to feel better, you've gotta stick with the DayQuil/NyQuil shiznit. Don't F* around with the liquicaps, go for the liquid cuz it werks quicker. I was having trouble sleeping last year when I got bronchitis so a friend bought me some nyquil liquid and chest-rub breathing stuff (you know, the smelly crap you rub on your chest that'll help you breathe at night). Long story short: it knocked me out and had me feeling well enough within a few days to take my finals.

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
I realize that, I was looking for a little relief.

Poor baby!
I feel bad for ya honey!
You need some TLC and comfort.
Go home!

I recommend a hot tottie.
Tea, honey, lemon, and whiskey.

It WORKS.
b/c after two or three you don't really care that you have a cold :)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
That's why it is nice to be 6'1" and 200#, the drowsiness never happens to me. :D

Haha, I'm actually having a cold too, loaded up with all sorts of prescription cough syrups with codeine and what not.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Originally posted by DLo
What is it with all the sick people? It's almost summertime!
On Tuesday I had the flu the worst I have ever had it. I threw up about 35 times and went to the clinic. I never go to the clinic! I got a shot in the butt and that sucked. I'm feeling better now though.
Get Well :monkey: 's
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited:

HedgeHog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Atlanta GA
Benadryl and over the counter sleep aids have the same active ingredient. The sleep aids just double the dose. Benadryl will knock me flat. I only take it if I need some sleep.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Originally posted by mtnbkr4235
That's why it is nice to be 6'1" and 200#, the drowsiness never happens to me. :D

Haha, I'm actually having a cold too, loaded up with all sorts of prescription cough syrups with codeine and what not.
WORD BRUTHA, I HAD PNEUMONIA A WEEK AGO

TUSSIONEX MY FRIEND :D

THE HEROIN OF COUGH MEDECINE

:D

kNuCkLe

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by iresmoke1
Poor baby!
I feel bad for ya honey!
You need some TLC and comfort.
Go home!

I recommend a hot tottie.
Tea, honey, lemon, and whiskey.

It WORKS.
b/c after two or three you don't really care that you have a cold :)
Its comforting to know you're always there for me;) :D :p

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by mtnbkr4235

I'm 6' and used to be 205, down to 185 now, but its always had the same effect on me:dead: