Quantcast

Foes Downhill Bike

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
All shocks can be used on that bike,for people that whanna have a curnutt they have other links available since the curnutt shocks are having a longer i2i than the fox rc4 etc

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
John, could you sneak a phone pic of Foes dinosaur frame that used the leaf spring technology? I know you have key to his shop, car and house...

-Orven

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Real improvement over the proto, good thing they changed it up, it even looks lighter... step in the right direction. wonder if they brought down the price a little?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Sizes: S, M, L
Travel: 8.25"
Shock Options: Fox Vanilla RC ($2399), Fox DHX RC4 ($2699), Curnutt
XTD Coil ($3099)

Frame comes with 12mm axle with hanger nut. Headtube is a tapered 1
1/8" upper to 1.5" lower.

Complete bike ($4899) features a Fox Vanilla RC, Rock Shox Boxxer
R2C2, SunRingle Drift 2.1 wheels, Avid brakes and SRAM drivetrain.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Dont like the pivot/seat tube junction that I can see being a weak spot under heavy side load for a bigger guy...
I do like the overall design though alot better than the last, be intesting to see what the thoughts are on it ride wise....

Although that frame white with blue or red ano links would be :drool: Or black and ano links as long as they are finished off with the polished look...

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
So they have then 3 DH race bikes in their line up?,this one looks allot better than that hunchback of notre dame top tube on their proto bike

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Are there any pics of the lower suspension links? Is it a linkage driven single pivot or somethin else? would be curious to see the suspension design of this bike because other than the fly, this is the first foes in a long time that i really like the looks of. Are all their rides the same in this regard or is this one something new?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I could never really figure out who bought foes bikes. What's their target? Rich guys who leave it in the garage? I almost never see any of them despite living 90 minutes from where they are based.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
same here... after having ridden all over this country, i have seen exactly two in the "wild" yet the company is still in business so someone must be buying them...

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I could never really figure out who bought foes bikes. What's their target? Rich guys who leave it in the garage? I almost never see any of them despite living 90 minutes from where they are based.
have you ridden one? their downhill bikes are the best DH bikes that ive ever owned. super reliable, handle like they are on rails and great geometry.
ive owned 3 of their DH bikes and will be ordering a 4th.
there was a bunch of people here in the east that had the DHS's.

plus, they are made in America

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think his comment wasn't that they're bad bikes, but rather that they're wildly expensive, and not very common....yet foes continues to stay in business, unlike, say, hanebrink, who basically put themselves out of commission by refusing to build a decent product.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I think his comment wasn't that they're bad bikes, but rather that they're wildly expensive, and not very common....yet foes continues to stay in business,
granted, their current DHS is wildly expensive, but their other frames are on par with others out there.
all of their frames are works of art when it comes to welds and their construction.
you do get what you paid for.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
In a town of 30,000 people there are atleast 9 Foes bikes that I can recall(2 of which I own).

I don't think as many people race them as much as many other bikes, but they are definitely out there.