Quantcast

Foes is Ebaying Missy Giove's '99 race bike

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
would you even want to RIDE a bike from 1999?

however meticulously maintained it was,it's still 6 years old and was BEAT on for a whole season by the Missile.

don't get me wrong, it still kicks ass.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
This bike is only one of TWO ever made, featuring a one off Rock Shock Rear shock, built for Missy
Bike is in extremely good condition and you will be blown away at the rear shock upon your first ride.
...if they mean "blown away" as in "6 years ago Rock Shox knew how to make a custom piggy-back shock that worked?!" - then YES you will be blown away... :D

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
AlmostHeaven said:
however meticulously maintained it was,it's still 6 years old and was BEAT on for a whole season by the Missile.
Don't forget if it was missiles bike it was ghost ridden into the finish line barriers a few times in a heat of anger. :p

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
think of it more as a collector's item rather than something you're going to race next year.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
dump said:
think of it more as a collector's item rather than something you're going to race next year.
If you've ever been to Troy Lee's showroom in Corona, you would be impressed with the amount of DH history they have hanging from the walls. I think they have one of Missy's Foes and 3 of Shawn Palmer's bikes.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
MVRIDER said:
Yeah, but I think they are still going to have to re-list it with one less zero on the price tag.
I agree that setting the starting price at $500 would definitely get people bidding. As with many in this thread, the max price that this bike would likely go for is in the 3 to 4K range... this bike is still relatively "recent history," but as the saying goes, it's "worth" whatever someone's willing to pay for it and that's yet to be seen.

- dump