Quantcast

Follow up on Totems on SXT's

RideHard

Monkey
Apr 4, 2005
I have waited and endured my 36 on my 07 sxt since june... I know there are more than several people on here that run totems...any trobbles? is it too slack? 180 feel like to much? some times even the fox feels raked when its not sagged. All feedback is very much appricated. And does the solo air feel worse than the coil?

thanx

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I rode today with my friend who rides an SXT with a Lyric Dual Air. I think that is the perfect fork for the bike. I can't say if the 180 Totem would be too much or a bad match, but the Lyric really felt perfect. That is the FIRST and only all-air fork I've ridden that I'd consider buying.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i have a totem coil on my SXT. love it. not too slack at all. good for out west. maybe too slack for some normal xc stuff. but whatever.

side note. it does void your warrenty on your specialized frame. max for is 175. even though its 180.
again, whatever...

dooo it!

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
i have a totem coil on my SXT. love it. not too slack at all. good for out west. maybe too slack for some normal xc stuff. but whatever.
Can you post a picture of that bike please? We gotta ride together one of these days.

Chris

TLadeau

Chimp
Oct 29, 2006
Hampton, NH
I put a 170 06 66 on mine as well as a slightly shorter shock so its nice and slack....feels really good now, I think the totem would be fine. If you are doing the kind of riding that would warrent a 180mm fork, it will feel great