Quantcast

Folsom Mountain Bike Skills Park

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Hey! We'll be having a few digging/building sessions at the Folsom Mountain Bike Skills park (AKA: that mound of dirt in Family Cummings Park). As of now, the planned dates are Dec. 9th, Jan. 6th and Jan 20th. We'll meet at the park at 9am and finish by 1PM. Lunch will be provided and scene points will be distrobuted.

I was in the employee lounge at the Folsom REI today when I noticed a sign saying something along those lines. It told me to tell my friends and family, so, well. . .

Anyways, it also mentioned that we'll be working on some teeter totters and a wall ride among other things. I have a feeling the teeter's will be sidewalk-wide because the city is crazy like that, but hey!, it's a step in the right direction!

Come out and join us! I'm not sure if you need to sign up for anything, but as of now, just treat it as a "drop by and help" gig. I'll let you guys know if any sort of sign up is required closer to the dates.

ryanxj

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
:cheers: I cant believe its actually going to happen! I will be there for sure. Any idea on how big of an area is going to be dedicated to this new park?

Mar 10, 2005
You've been there already? Know where the BMX track was? It's the area to the side that hasn't been used yet. We've already built a pumptrack and an easy shore-stunt. I have a feeling that this isn't going to get too primo, but since a pro is helping to get this stuff built, I'm pretty sure it'll turn out nice.

It won't be a whistler, but it'll be a step towards getting lots of better trails in the area.

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
does somone have a layout planned? is it basicly a dirt jump park?
if anything needs welding or metal of anykind i can take care of it. need shovels, equipment? details :clue:

Mar 10, 2005
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=247689

CROSS POST'd! That isn't my post, and that cat beat me by a week, but hey, he's cool.

I haven't seen the layout online at all. When I'm at the work day, I'll see if there will be anyway I can get a copy. I'm not sure if it's public, though.

Ohh! And we enough tools to go around last time, but hey, you never know.

PS: Trout -- I'm thinking of riding pacifica with joey this sunday. PM me if you're interested. . . that's if joey doesn't PM you first.

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
yea im down for pacifica mang! joey flaked last time. that doesn't look to bad so far. however my bike is a lil much for what they got. but ill hit it any way!
this isnt like the skatepark is it? supervised and closed at certain times?

ryanxj

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Ive driven by and seen the skatepark and what was left of the bmx track. I would imagine it would be the same as the skate park since its the same park and behind a fence. Pacifica, eh Trout? Keep me in the loop!

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
Sweet. I'm there for sure on the 9th. Who cares if it isn't spectacular, it will still be a whole lot better than the parking lot at my apartment complex. And it's almost riding distance from where I live.

ryanxj

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
A few pics from the mtbr link above. This Saturday is the first build day so set aside a few hours to come out and do your part to help get this park built! :cheers:

Bridge - All 1.JPG

Track - All 1.JPG

Track - Tight S 1.JPG

alltimepimp

Chimp
Nov 7, 2006
Is this park open to the public and is it rideable I would love to come over and check it out maybe bring Hacksaw and Peanut , Hacksaw is always down to dig I need directions to your park also . Thanks for all of your hard work .

slashk

Chimp
Jan 8, 2006
Is this park open to the public and is it rideable I would love to come over and check it out maybe bring Hacksaw and Peanut , Hacksaw is always down to dig I need directions to your park also . Thanks for all of your hard work .
I don't think it is open yet, but I will check on Monday when I run over for coffee (Peet's is nearby).

For direction, check out Google Maps. It's on the corner of creekside drive and oak avenue parkway in folsom, ca. Click here.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Thanks ATP for the hook up on this thread . So when does this baby open??? Me and Peanut need to go ride some stuff. ( I will even dig since ATP said I would)

Mar 10, 2005
I don't think this place is a public-dig area. They've only asked for volunteers on certain dig days so they can dig the place the way they want it. I'd love it if it were open-dig. It'd be beautiful now!

But yeah. The rain is hitting us pretty bad tonight. I have a feeling that, even if it'll be open to the public, it won't be for at least a week after the rains stops.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I was the the part to day for the work party , the skinnies are shaping up nicely . According to one of the people their from the city today once the skinnies are completed and their isn't anything else still under construction they will open the park .
This should be a very fun facility when it's finished

madcatjunkie

Chimp
Jan 21, 2007
hey guys . this is the first time ive heard about this place . my freinds and i live in roseville and would love to come out and help you dig and do a little jumping . could you give me the adress , or some directions ?
im glad to hear there will finally be a cool place for us freeriders and jumpers within riding distance .
Evan

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
hey guys . this is the first time ive heard about this place . my freinds and i live in roseville and would love to come out and help you dig and do a little jumping . could you give me the adress , or some directions ?
im glad to hear there will finally be a cool place for us freeriders and jumpers within riding distance .
Evan

You can't just show up and dig , the city has a IMBA approved blueprint for a really nice set up .
There are city sponsored work days that you can come and help build if you want . Contact Erin Herrington at the Folsom REI store and she can fill you in on the dates for the works days
eharrin@rei.com

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
So is there a date when it is going to open??? We the masses need to know this stuff so we can get our groove on...
There was a build day planed for tomarrow but it got cancelled due to rain . Dont worry I got your back HackSaw as soon as this place is open for business I'll let you know .
The next planned build day is MArch 3rd

Here's a shot I got of me on one of the new Skinnies at the park this place some some serious potential for fun once it's finished .

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
The new Folsom MTB "skills" park we have been building is shaping up nicely , The representative from the city has been very cool and let us make a few changes to the original plans IMBA submitted. Here are some pic's of how the skills park is shaping up .
We will also be building a curved wall-ride and some fun rhythm sections the conect onto the end of the skills park . When the park is finished there has been talk of a demo/ jam session around May 1 to help open the park and let everyone know it's finished !!

I'll try to keep everyone posted on info for the park .

The view from the beginning of the course , to the right is the beginner section , middle is the S turns and to the far left is the advanced section I have been building with the 4in wide double section to start you off :shocked: it also kinks to the right and climbs at at 15 degree angle

This shot was taken looking back at the start .
So the advanced section is on the right in this photo , S turn section again in the middle and the beginner course is to the far left in the photo .

An overhead view at the shinnies , from the upper elevated section.

Here are a few shots of the new extension to the advanced section we built yesterday .

Here's a shot of the new advanced section from above .
The path to the far left in this photo will be the new extension to the S turn course that will flow around the entire park , that section will be a elevated right hand burm/turn into the next section of shinnies .

Here's good shot of the advanced extension , you can see how high it goes up and then back down on the 6-in wide section .
The small skid-mark is mine from the trial run I cleaned it all 2nd try so everything is possible to ride and REALLY fun !!