Quantcast

Fontana Course Update

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Fontana will forever be known as the straw that broke the camels back.

Oh, and the place where Tara Llanes ended her DH comeback-she broke her ankle in the rocks today.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
blt2ride said:
All I'm going to say is...the "wall" is part of the National course. :help: :mad:
Just got back, the wall is indeed there, but all the graffiti has been covered up. I think it kinda added some flavor to the event.

Also I heard about Tara's injury while registering. I'm bummed to hear about that. She's super cool and I thought it would be great to see her back on a DH bike.

Oh, and I guess Norba actually does read Decline. They saw what I had to say and moved me back down to Semi-pro. I guess you can only stick it to the man for so long...
More details on that to come once I get my license situated.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I don't think he ever officially had a pro license. Kinda like after he raced semi-pro in 2003 and went to register for semi-pro at Big Bear in 2004. They made him race expert. He killed the field.

Whatever, it was nice to ride with Sanjay in practice that year.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
ChrisKring said:
I don't think he ever officially had a pro license. Kinda like after he raced semi-pro in 2003 and went to register for semi-pro at Big Bear in 2004. They made him race expert. He killed the field.

Whatever, it was nice to ride with Sanjay in practice that year.

I wish I could ride with Sanjay.

Sanjay, will you sign my bike at Fontana?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
"Jah, its definitely sucking"
Fontana: a great place for a winter warm up race, but it is not even close to National caliber. What a F'n joke.

I hope some rattle cans hit the wall pre race day. Someone needs to spraypaint "NORBA SUCKS" in block letters two feet high on the wall. Thats a magazine cover shot there baby!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Zark said:
I hope some rattle cans hit the wall pre race day. Someone needs to spraypaint "NORBA SUCKS" in block letters two feet high on the wall. Thats a magazine cover shot there baby!
:rofl:

along with a big mural of sanjay sporting a pro bib...

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
weak covering up the "art" on the wall. censorship sucks, LOL

weaker about sunjeeve's downgrade. didn't they know that whole article was joke? taylor said so at the end of it.

boycott norba events...spend money and time on worthwhile events and sessions.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
"A new venue and alot of new stuff going on. There are going to be alot of developments I am not sure what... but I will keep ya posted. More spectators more more riders and more vendor and sponsor tents and trailers. The waffles are good at our hotel and the shopping is great so that's a plus."

From Jeremiahbishop.com

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Cant Climb said:
"A new venue and alot of new stuff going on. There are going to be alot of developments I am not sure what... but I will keep ya posted. More spectators more more riders and more vendor and sponsor tents and trailers. The waffles are good at our hotel and the shopping is great so that's a plus."

From Jeremiahbishop.com
I do not know what is funnier?...
Someone reading jeremybishop.com or the fact that his words are all biased because Trek told him to be politically correct.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
stiksandstones said:
I do not know what is funnier?...
Someone reading jeremybishop.com or the fact that his words are all biased because Trek told him to be politically correct.
I read his stuff because i have alot of respect from him as a rider and he lives amongst and trains on some of the best trails on earth.

As far as Trek.....i don't know, but he always been a super positive guy. If he didn't like he would say it in in his own way......

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
stiksandstones said:
I am debating to blow off the short drive to even go take photos...I take bad enough photos, let along having smog in the background.
Go and drive out there and take the picture of EC and Sanjay riding past the wall. Make sure to bring your twin brother "stinkman" in case someone needs to spraypaint "norba sucks" in the background of the photo.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
ChrisKring said:
Go and drive out there and take the picture of EC and Sanjay riding past the wall. Make sure to bring your twin brother "stinkman" in case someone needs to spraypaint "norba sucks" in the background of the photo.
I think EC is viva espana?

If I were creative enough, I bet there is some cool pics to be had, but......ya.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
stiksandstones said:
I am debating to blow off the short drive to even go take photos...I take bad enough photos, let along having smog in the background.
Damnit, Stik. I was thinking about heading out tomorrow and Sunday but now I don't want to go.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Metal said:
Just got back, the wall is indeed there, but all the graffiti has been covered up. I think it kinda added some flavor to the event.

Also I heard about Tara's injury while registering. I'm bummed to hear about that. She's super cool and I thought it would be great to see her back on a DH bike.

Oh, and I guess Norba actually does read Decline. They saw what I had to say and moved me back down to Semi-pro. I guess you can only stick it to the man for so long...
More details on that to come once I get my license situated.
2six stallions fo life

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Cant Climb said:
I read his stuff because i have alot of respect from him as a rider and he lives amongst and trains on some of the best trails on earth.

As far as Trek.....i don't know, but he always been a super positive guy. If he didn't like he would say it in in his own way......
Jeremiah's real first name is Tyrone. No joke. I used to ride with Jeremiah periodically, he is a super cool dude, but yeah... the website is fluff.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'm so damn glad i live in the southeast now.
because if i still lived out there, i'd quit bikin, move south into baja below ensanada and become a surf bum again.

fontana.
subdivision downhilling at its best.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
©2001 said:
weaker about sunjeeve's downgrade. didn't they know that whole article was joke? taylor said so at the end of it.
Anyone to scan this article?
I could use some good entertainement at work this afternoon :)

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
dhbuilder said:
i'm so damn glad i live in the southeast now.
because if i still lived out there, i'd quit bikin, move south into baja below ensanada and become a surf bum again.

fontana.
subdivision downhilling at its best.
Don't laugh, karma is a bitch and then you'll have a trailer park along southern rocks.

Joey: when are you going to have this 3 trail combined times race at Windrock? 15 minute DH race, all downhill.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
ChrisKring said:
Joey: when are you going to have this 3 trail combined times race at Windrock? 15 minute DH race, all downhill.

Since you don't seem to mind driving your A$$$ off......

Whitetail is hosting "The Capital Cup" here June 23-25.....practice Friday, Race #1 Sat, Race #2 Sun.....you can race both (combined time) or just one........place is super nice too.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'm glad I didn't go, that's fo sho. I'd rather ride around here than drive down there for 2 hours of riding on a regular course and crappy organization.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Bicyclist said:
I'm glad I didn't go, that's fo sho. I'd rather ride around here than drive down there for 2 hours of riding on a regular course and crappy organization.
Hey Mark, I'm going to ride Gridley this Saturday on the trailbike. Any interest?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I don't have a trailbike, but I'd like to come. How far up are you going? If it's Demo-able let me know what time you're going and I'll get back to you.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
©2001 said:
that's bad???
not at all.
from the time i was weaned til i was about 21. that's what half my life revolved around.
secluded coves south of the border.
we'd bring our boards and our 125 elsinores (anybody else remember those ?) and live it up on the beach.

and chris.
we've joked about having an endurance d.h. marathon out here.
on the southernrocks trail over and over and over.
talk about last man standing.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Everybody that chose not to come is going to kick themselves when they start seeing pictures of the course. Yes, the wall sucks but pedaling is a part of DH bicycling so live with it, get fit and pin it. I've seen some of the best bike handlers getting spanked by this course over the past 2 days, and the venue and atmosphere are excellent. Don't put it down until you've experienced it, you will be surprised.

oh, NORBA is being stringent on licenses, I have to run
Expert because my semi license was late being sent in!!?

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
A message to all those bashing NORBA, GET A CLUE! NORBA is a sanctioning body whose sole purpose is to govern the sport and provide benefits, otherwise un-affordable, to it's members. If tou are unhappy with the state of the National Mountain Bike Series, you should be bashing the the promoters. NORBA has not promoted an event since the late 1990's. When they did run their own show there was TV coverage, huge sponsorships and plenty of cash in the pro purse. Fast forward to 2006, where is the prize money?, the sponsors?, the good vibe? I'm not sure but I think I saw Frosty swipe the vibe at Mt. Snow last year! For those who wish to see how sucessful a NORBA event can actually be, check out the Innaugural Capital Cup at Whitetail resort. For more info, check out www.racersedgeonline.com

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
yellowrake said:
A message to all those bashing NORBA, GET A CLUE! NORBA is a sanctioning body whose sole purpose is to govern the sport and provide benefits, otherwise un-affordable, to it's members. [/url]
You are right and wrong. Youre right that NORBA doesnt build the courses or get the sponsors, thats up to team big bear, cycle cyndicate, racer's edge, and so on and so on. You're wrong that that excuses them from responsibility for crappy races. We all pay NORBA quite a bit of money for our liscences (150 if you are a pro) and they do, well, essentially nothing. NORBA as a division of USA cycling is responsible for the lack of prominance of the US in international mtn biking due to their lack of support and ridiculous politics. This hurts US riders when it comes to sponsorship, and therefore hurts US mountain biking. So maybe some of the promotors suck, well it's NORBA's responsibility to ensure the quality of their events, and if a certain promotor sucks they should stop hiring that promotor.

What unaffordable benefits is it exactly NORBA is providing?? Insurance, no. Prize money, no. Good courses, no. Diablo manages to run a great race series with prize money, good courses, good administration, and reasonable entry fee's without a lick of help from the retards at NORBA.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
yellowrake said:
A message to all those bashing NORBA, GET A CLUE! NORBA is a sanctioning body whose sole purpose is to govern the sport and provide benefits, otherwise un-affordable, to it's members. If tou are unhappy with the state of the National Mountain Bike Series, you should be bashing the the promoters. NORBA has not promoted an event since the late 1990's. When they did run their own show there was TV coverage, huge sponsorships and plenty of cash in the pro purse. Fast forward to 2006, where is the prize money?, the sponsors?, the good vibe? I'm not sure but I think I saw Frosty swipe the vibe at Mt. Snow last year! For those who wish to see how sucessful a NORBA event can actually be, check out the Innaugural Capital Cup at Whitetail resort. For more info, check out www.racersedgeonline.com

Ummmm NORBA hires the "promoters"(loosely termed) to run the "National Series" for them. So in the end, it's there fault that the product they promote sucks.

MBA has a few fontana pics up from thursday.

http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1874