Quantcast

Fontana Downhill race 1-10-10

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Yeah Donnys been upping the game for the expert/pro course lately, finally! LOL
Last year it had some really good lines down the waterfall and some areas to boot off and clear a bunch of junk!

Nice pics cant wait to get back and race....
did you do the race series last year?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
did you do the race series last year?
I had class on the weekends but managed to make SAT practice D got me on the course so I could atleast run it!
I raced it 2 seasons ago, then got to run it inbetween classes THEN broke the back again and didnt get any riding till a few days ago!
But yeah I walked an earlier one that I ran last season with EC and even he agread Donny was finally upping it, the last one before was nationals and it rocked bigger rock chutes up top.
He has a good pull there and a good venue to train and ride in the winter, I have no idea what changed but over the last 3 years its gotten decent in exp/pro lines.

SO NO I didnt get a chance to race last year, I did get a chance to slaughter Justin Mann (2 years ago) before moving up and still didnt pedal too hard at the wall! 9 sec first run 11 on the second and drove miss daisy down the wall all slow and looking around! :thumb:

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Yep, exp/pro line at nationals last year was probably the most fun course that year. Wanted to race last weekend but i've still got two weeks left on a broken hand :rant:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I had class on the weekends but managed to make SAT practice D got me on the course so I could atleast run it!
I raced it 2 seasons ago, then got to run it inbetween classes THEN broke the back again and didnt get any riding till a few days ago!
But yeah I walked an earlier one that I ran last season with EC and even he agread Donny was finally upping it, the last one before was nationals and it rocked bigger rock chutes up top.
He has a good pull there and a good venue to train and ride in the winter, I have no idea what changed but over the last 3 years its gotten decent in exp/pro lines.

SO NO I didnt get a chance to race last year, I did get a chance to slaughter Justin Mann (2 years ago) before moving up and still didnt pedal the wall! 9 sec first run 11 on the second and drove miss daisy down the wall all slow and looking around! :thumb:
really?? how did you make it to the end of the wall without pedaling? do you have a motor on your bike? you wouldnt have enough speed and would fall over half way if you didnt pedal.

no need to make stuff up to sound cool bro.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
really?? how did you make it to the end of the wall without pedaling? do you have a motor on your bike? you wouldnt have enough speed and would fall over half way if you didnt pedal.

no need to make stuff up to sound cool bro.
he's a big fat mofo. P= m*v dude

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
he's a big fat mofo. P= m*v dude
Whish I was fat sometimes then I could lose weight! :D
LOL Whats up Jon?
Hows the weather treating U!!!

As far as the pedaling part yes I pedaled but put very little effort into it, between being tired and the head on wind that occurs there at the wall thats where a run can make or break you! Cardio guys kill it there!

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Hate to break it to ya, but Donny isnt theone responsible for the last few courses...Tom is. Tom Secor has been theone building the new lines, new trails ETC.... Doing a Damn fine job at it too!!!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
That would explain it, its gotten alot more aggresive and DH oriented. Either way it was Donny that did the last run of last season I was there that friday when he was walking it and it was bad @$$.
Rode it saturday and it was a BLAST, good lines and terrain to boot.

The one that had all the guys flying over the bars and into the rocks upside down etc was a good course too with a good drop at the end before the last rockgardn!

So I do give D credit for having a few that were pretty sick as well as fun, hope he keeps it up at this rate. Its a blast with alot of good people and good 4x as well.