1 Chris Kovarik (Aus) Chain Reaction Intense
2 Nathan Rennie (Aus) Santa Cruz Syndicate
3 Justin Leov (NZl) Yeti/Fox Shox Factory Team
4 Sam Blenkisop (NZl) Yeti/Fox Shox Factory Team
5 Cameron Cole (NZl) Maxxis

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
There's probably 10-12 world cup qualifier types in the field.....it's not the series Akula, it's the promoters. The series has a deep history, ranks second behind the World Cup....but it needs a new direction. It needs new ideas and a new way to run the whole thing.....the current model has failed....and with no money it's failing even harder...
I'm not denying that the NMBS/NORBA whatever is a failure, all I was doing was pointing out the facts to some dude who posted that there is only gonna be -1 top riders there, that's all! I'm sure Fontana is absolute wank, not denying that for a second, the whole mtb world is well aware that Norba hates me/you and everyone else!

Some dude just said there ain't gonna be any "Pro's" there, I said there are gonna be at least 6 rippers there, then Fraser said he can only count 5, then I said I can count 8-9 top riders.............i'm talking numbers not politics!

Ahhhhhh, Ridemonkey is a barrel of laughs!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'm not denying that the NMBS/NORBA whatever is a failure, all I was doing was pointing out the facts to some dude who posted that there is only gonna be -1 top riders there, that's all! I'm sure Fontana is absolute wank, not denying that for a second, the whole mtb world is well aware that Norba hates me/you and everyone else!

Some dude just said there ain't gonna be any "Pro's" there, I said there are gonna be at least 6 rippers there, then Fraser said he can only count 5, then I said I can count 8-9 top riders.............i'm talking numbers not politics!

As Mike Tyson says: "I don't know nothing about numbers, I only know what I can do." Usually followed closely by "I'm a kill that motha ****er. If he ain't dead it don't count. If he ain't in a body bag, it doesn;t count."

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004

I didn't read all the posts that carefully....this place makes the brain glaze over after awhile.....

...there were some fast guys there.....12 or so guys that are "Shoe-ins" to qualify for any world cup anywhere.....4-5 guys who could podium in any race in the world....is good to see Oscar Saiz out there being serious, great to see Kovarik on some world class tires....

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
This was by far the best National I have ever been to in the last six years. Organized, no delays, appropriate podium times, amazing course, good turn out and some of the best racing I have ever seen, anywhere anytime. Good to see racing's not dead. Not only not dead, but thriving! Lots of good,fast new racers. Should Shape up to be a really good year.
DH