XCO/STXC/DH/DS/Super D

August 11-12, 2007 NMBS Finals
Snowmass Village, CO UCI XCO C1
XCO/STXC/DH/4X/DS/Super D

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
So then the question is..... 3 hour drive = 2 run on the Sucky A** Bridal Trail or 16hrs = (how many runs?) (Hows the course)?

Let me know.
Don't go to Fontana. Unless you're a pro that gets paid to showcase your sponsors or a local grom that just wants to ride...

Here's a run down for the Expert category: Practice on Friday. Practice Sat. morning. Race Saturday afternoon. 1 run. No lift, so it's all shuttled in a van through SoCal sub-developments. Course is about 1:45-2:15 depending on how fast you can pedal on flat ground for about 2,000 feet before the finish line...

I went last year for the express purpose of putting it on my resume so I would have as many NORBA results as I possibly could. Flatted on my race run. Had to do the "wall" section with a rear flat in 85* heat. That was teh suck.

The only race that's not in the immediate PNW I'd consider doing again would be Deer Valley. And even then, I'd fly into SLC...

Go race in Ory - gone

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
are all nationals overrated?
no. Fontana blowz goatz if you have to travel for it...Sonoma (I wasn't there...but a couple of semi-pro's I know were) was lame from what I hear...Not quite sure why they decided to throw Fontana on the map again this year, but the gravity riders sure won't be impressed...

Deer Valley was actually A LOT of fun. So was Schweitzer back in the day...Apparently, most of the east coast stops and the ones in Colorado are a blast.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
...Not quite sure why they decided to throw Fontana on the map again this year, ...
I think mainly to have SOME venue in SoCal with the loss of Big Bear. That and everyone is so enamored with Southridge Racing.

I passed it up last year on the advice of some locals. Sounds like it would be the equivalent of trying to have a Nat at Beacon....

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
I think mainly to have SOME venue in SoCal with the loss of Big Bear. That and everyone is so enamored with Southridge Racing.

I passed it up last year on the advice of some locals. Sounds like it would be the equivalent of trying to have a Nat at Beacon....
Beacon's waaaay more fun. No joke. I've enjoyed the courses out in Spokompton a lot more than in the real Compton....

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
"The only race that's not in the immediate PNW I'd consider doing again would be Deer Valley. And even then, I'd fly into SLC...
" SECRET SQUIRREL.
Then you should fly into Reno, NEV and race at Northstar-at-Tahoe on July 29. I'll be staying at the Peppermill.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
"The only race that's not in the immediate PNW I'd consider doing again would be Deer Valley. And even then, I'd fly into SLC...
" SECRET SQUIRREL.
Then you should fly into Reno, NEV and race at Northstar-at-Tahoe on July 29. I'll be staying at the Peppermill.
Unfortunately (or fortunately...depending on your take...) I'll be racing the Enduro DH at Crankworx that day.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
how funny was that picture. hahhahah. how are you? how is the kid??? on a bike yet???
Yea... I was like whoa... I know that person...

Kid is good. Hes on a bike now... had a hard crash the other day... were staying aaway from hills now. We also had another... hes about 8 mos now... cant wait till i have to take them to whistler...

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Yea... I was like whoa... I know that person...

Kid is good. Hes on a bike now... had a hard crash the other day... were staying aaway from hills now. We also had another... hes about 8 mos now... cant wait till i have to take them to whistler...

Yo D - you back in town...hehe :clapping: